cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router reboots constantly

George195312
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I have had service two weeks and at the point of cancelling. I keep having the internet dropping out and the router reboots. It goes back to 1981 and I see alarm kernel panic. I have had two engineers out. One Open reach. They both believe all is fixed but still it crashes out. I have never had this with my previous provider. I have spent hours and hours chatting on line to support and no remedy. I have read on here of a firmware upgrade to 1.6 to those who suffer this problem. Could I get this upgrade before I lose my mind. Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi George195312

I'm so glad to hear that this is working ok.

This issue is not affecting all customers using this router but this will be fully fixed in the next firmware version.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Glad to hear this has resolved the issue. Unfortunately I don't think the phone and chat teams have had this issue added to their 'scripts', so they are not really aware of it, but the team here on the community are well aware of this issue. 

The only difference between firmware 1.06t and 1.05t is this specific 'kernel panic' fix, and this issue only seems to affect a fairly small percentage of users of this router, so I think that is why it has not been rolled out globally, as a large scale firmware rollout will often cause a lot of support issues in itself.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

I have not had the router reboot since the upgrade of firmware. So I am very happy. I don’t know why talktalk support did not offer this right away,  as it is obviously a bug in firmware and this should be rolled out to all customers with this model of router

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi George195312

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @George195312,

There is a very simple fix for this, the kernel panic errors are caused by a bug in firmware version 1.05t, the support team here will be able to upgrade your router to version 1.06t, that will fix the problem.

They will hopefully be able to respond to help tomorrow.