cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Second WIFI Extender not pairing

Thierry1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I have had a Network Connector & WIFI Extender (DHP-W610AV) for a while and they work fine. I am trying to add a second WIFI Extender and trying to pair it with the same Network Connector. Unfortunately, it does not pair. I have tried everything from the setup and troubleshooting sections of the manual but to no avail. There was also something about going to http:/dlinkapXXXX.local./ but there is no access to the website! I have run out of options and don't know what to do. Kindly provide advice. Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4

Hi Keith, many thanks for your time and your kind advice. It works! I must admit I had to try several times and I nearly gave up, but in the end it worked. Thanks again. I am not sure about the reliability of Talk Talk products though!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I have never seen any documentation to support that method of connection at all. The URL quoted on the rear of the unit is for the web management interface & there is definitely not anything in there. What I would recommend you do, is to run them as two totally separate Extender/network connector pairs. Connect the two network connectors to two Ethernet LAN ports on the router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes