cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero drop outs, no signal in part of the house

Kacey
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi day two of the Talk Talk experience after years with BT. Did the switch to move to full fibre however living in a townhouse with the eero on the middle floor means no signal for the top floor at the other end of the house - only two rooms on each floor in case you think it’s some mansion lol.  Consulted the chat for advice, an agent acknowledged a four bed would need a second eero, this would be free….then later it turned into £89, another agent wanted to charge £6 a month for another eero, then another agent wanted to charge £30 admin cost for a change I’d not agreed to before I ended the chat after an hour. I get the tech is expensive but so is the monthly payment, thankfully fibre 150 has an echo dot coming in 60 days to use as a WiFi extender for free. Just annoying that the fibre I signed up to is not covering the entire house, feels like a massive on sell of other kit to make the internet work as intended, when the signal works it great, otherwise disappointed and frustrated.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Kacey

I'm so glad to hear that the connection has improved 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hiya, had another Eero delivered Friday, bit of trial and error getting it connected to the main one, did a web search and this was due to either being too close to the master eero or too far away. All working great now, two eeros on the middle

floor of the house, one at the front and one at the back so full coverage on all three floors. Thanks for the help and resolutions, looking forward to the Echo Dot arriving as part of the package. Nice to have such a supportive group on here with help and advice. Best wishes.

Message 3 of 10

Morning Kacey,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

It seems to me that if there is no service in parts of the property, any devices there will not be seen by the Eero as they presumably have no signal strength whatsoever.

@Michelle-TalkTalk did put a post on here this morning, perhaps when you get the time you can clarify the reception issues that you are suffering from.#?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Morning Kacey,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Kacey,

I've taken a look at your network. The devices that you currently have connected are showing full signal strength, is there anything that you are experiencing problems with at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Confirming the profile information has been updated. Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

The eero is very much designed to be used as part of a mesh system and a single device is only ever likely to offer limited coverage, as you have discovered. My personal view is that TalkTalk should make this far clearer in marketing and at the point of sale. You could buy an extender unit independently, which won't incur any further monthly charges. These are currently priced at £74.99 on Amazon, with 5 months interest free on offer.

The support team here will respond when they are back online fro Monday.