cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wifi channel

steven25
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Ever since I had my new Fibre router (Sage MCOMM) I set the 2.4ghz channel to 6 as the neighbours use 11 - but it keeps changing back to 11.

And on the 5ghz I set it to 60 as the neighbours use 36, but yet again it keeps changing back to 36.

I did this on my last router and you were able to rectify it for me and I would appreciate you doing the same thing again on my new router.

Also the internet speed some nights is dire dropping down to 35mbps - not much use when son is trying to play siege on the PS4

Can you help make it more stable ? and what is my minimum speed?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @steven25 

How's the connection been since the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi steven25

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off. It would also be worth powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then running a speed test to see if the speed has increased.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Your minimum speed shows on the graph in My Connection (blue button in Service Status Dashboard) when you take a look at the speeds for the past week, @steven25.

Staff will switch off WiFi optimisation for you, when they pick up your post, during the day. 

You'll need to ask this to be done whenever you do a factory reset of the router or when it gets a firmware upgrade. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.