cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow Internet speed, less than guaranteed

JaniceTeece
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Only been getting 8mbps to router instead of the guaranteed 18mbps for awhile with no faults detected with the connection. It's dropped to 5mbps the past couple of days with the same issue. Any fixes please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. This socket should have a test socket. If you gently squeeze the clips at the side of the socket then the faceplate should gently lift away. Just to advise that there may be wires attached to the back of the faceplate so gently move the faceplate. Please can you then connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

167483185182467975897061719837.jpg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi JaniceTeece

Would it be possible to post a photo of the master socket on this thread? We can then check this for you.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

No i  don't think it does have one.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped and the connection also looks unstable. Can I just confirm, does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks