cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Service Centre

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Working fine if I run a real time speed test, and shows the graph of speed to the router and minimum guaranteed speed fine.

However, for months it has not been showing the record of recent speed tests.

Screenshot_20220305-225342_Chrome.jpg

Any particular reason?

Independently of Talktalk, Ookla has no problem either running or recording speed tests.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Morning,

No problem, there is no rush. Please let us know how you get on 🙂 I just want to make sure that the router is not mis-reporting any stats or not updating with Service Centre.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

I do have a spare Huawei lurking in the cupboard, @Michelle-TalkTalk.

Busy with concert prep as well as teaching, so I probably won't have time before c the afternoon of the 20th. That's a Sunday. 

So let's keep this on ice at the moment, and I'll put in my diary to play with the routers that day.

I'll revive the thread after that to let you know the result. 

Sorry to be so slow with it.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi,

Ok no problem. Just one final thing, would it be possible to briefly test with a different router to see if the same error message is still there please? I'm just trying to rule out as much as possible before we ask to team to investigate.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 16

Same result in Firefox, though graph now shows as far as Monday, @Michelle-TalkTalk:

Screenshot_20220308-130430_Firefox.jpg

 Luckily I can keep a record in my separate Ookla app, but basically something isn't working in Service Centre - I don't have any other display problems whether or not signed into My Account,  so if need be let sleeping dogs lie. I just know that I am not the only customer to mention this issue. 

I don't think it started last summer, so probably didn't coincide with the new community website software. More recently than that. September 2021?

Up to 6 months maybe.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hello,

Can I just confirm, do you also see the same error message if you use a different browser too? Do you know roughly when this first started?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

@Michelle-TalkTalk / @Chris-TalkTalk,

The result after logging into My Account is the same (and the graph doesn't update at midnight  - it is currently two days behind).

So today's screenshot:

Screenshot_20220308-110051_Chrome.jpg

Message 7 of 16

Morning,

No problem, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

Will take a look before the morning, @Chris-TalkTalk. Sorry to miss your message but busy all afternoon  today!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Could you try a speed test on the My Account speedchecker and let us know when you've done it and we'll check at our end to see if it's showing

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Saturday, @Michelle-TalkTalk, just before posting the above.

I can get a one-off result at the time, but no historical ones - just the graph and that notice as posted above.

P.S. I can't remember when I previously ran it - probably a couple of times in the past month, but this has been going on for several months. 

We get so used to various aspects of Talktalk's software not working and not being mended within a reasonable time frame that we sometimes don't mention it ....!

I just felt like commenting on the issue, as I know other customers have been mentioning it too.

I am able to keep an eye on speeds OK running tests independently from other sites.

It's just an irritation, however, that TalkTalk's Service Centre, which is meant to be a support area, is not functioning as it should. 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 16

Morning,

I also can't see any recent speed test results. Can I just confirm, when did you last trying running a speed test using the TalkTalk Speed Tester please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

We'll see what staff say about it!

If it's totally broken, they'll maybe say so, @AllyM. It has certainly been showing this message for quite a while!

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 16

@Gliwmaeden2 , It's as if they can't be bothered or have given up trying to fix the problems so they've just put up the permanent "Technical Error" message instead.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Before they stopped showing any results, they showed them in the wrong order (and no upload speeds).

Before that they did show them correctly.... maybe a year ago?

Technology definitely getting worse!

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

for months it has not been showing the record of recent speed tests.

To be honest, it was useless before that anyway as it never actually showed the recent results. All the results it showed were from years ago and in a strange date order.

I haven't connected up the TalkTalk router in a while so I don't know if they've fixed the permanent "we have not been able to identify your router" message. I suspect not.

0 Likes