cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Setting up Wi-Fi Hub 2 with Instructions, but Pieces Missing

Julia9CA
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hello, have tried to contact TalkTalk chat to help, but they are currently offline for the day.

I received a box with a Wi-Fi Hub 2 and an Ethernet Cable.  1 part of the two-part power supply is present, but cannot find the other piece.  The part of the power supply that reads 'Sagemcom ACDC Adaptor' is present, but the 3-prong part of the power supply is missing.

Also, the instructions are advising on steps to plug the Wi-Fi Hub 2 into either a white fibre connection box, or a black fibre connection box, which should be on the wall.  I have neither on my wall.  On my wall, the small white box looks very different to the photo of the white fibre connection box, and it says it's a 'Master Socket 5C'.

Not really sure what to do, so for now am keeping my old Huawei TalkTalk Router box, which is still working just fine.

Any advice?  Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

Just to confirm, are you in the process of upgrading to Future Fibre/FTTP?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Julia9CA,

Do you know why you have been sent this new router, are you planning to upgrade to a better package (i.e. full fibre).

If part of the power supply is missing then the support team here may need to arrange for a replacement router and all of the cables etc to be sent.

The instructions you are reading are how to connect the router up to a full fibre connection, as for one of those you would have a box fitted on the wall by Openreach, that new router should still work for your existing connection, by just connecting it to your 5C socket using the 'phone' cable that should be supplied with the router.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes