cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

new fiber information

topper
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

for the support team

advice received from talktalk  re installing new fibre shortly...

Can I ask...will the new fibre  be integrated wiring to accomodate the internet and the home phone connection? Ie. will the existing house phone connection located in our hall become obsolete?

If so, then to avoid unsightly wiring within the house I may need to consider relocating the house phone to adjoin the new fibre  location?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

I'd recommend contacting our Future Fibre Team directly as they will be able to check and confirm this for you. The Live Chat team are available from 8am this morning.

Guide to Full Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

Thanks

0 Likes

topper
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Thanks again.

First thing.... on friday last was a text advising that an engineer was scheduled to arrive at my house on a given date/time to install full fibre ...first of any mention of the subject...

then on saturday I received an email saying basically the same thing

then today I received a letter saying they are upgrading me to full fibre as part of a digital broadband upgrade....and I was a priority... No mention of my home landline although perhaps "full broadband" means this?

They do say its at nil cost to me and nil effect on my contract....so that was helpful to know.

I would really like to know if the work covers both the broadband and the phone landline....as if including the landline I may wish to reconsider the positioning of my landline phone to minimise any more wires running around the house...perhaps buy a two phone system?

Trying not to be over negative but fir a Company working in the "Communications Industry" their clariry of communications are not impressive.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Did you get a free upgrade offer? Was there an email with any details in it? 

0 Likes

topper
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

thanks...any way i can find out what package they are offering. I have not seen any information as yet on that

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Full Fibre will arrive in your home via a small box connected to a suitable point on an outside wall. That will carry both the Broadband and Digital Voice service if this is being offered as part of your package. Your main phone base unit will connect to the router, or separate adaptor. The existing copper phone point will become redundant. But when depends as I said on which package you will now be getting. 

0 Likes