cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow download, upload OK, terrible ping FTTC

Rodders53
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Since am Wednesday.

Reported and told an Openreach issue in the area.

Router reports normal connection speeds to the cabinet and Wilstead exchange, Beds.

Ookla reports varying down speeds 0.15Mbit/s and rarely a bit over 1 Mbit/s but Upload is working nearer to normal 5-6 Mbit/s.  Ping is 500 msec  to over a second sometimes.

My Account keeps showing as closed fault when active fault check is processed 

I have been assured that the fault is open and with BT but would really like to get some timescale for resolution... and the nature of the fault if possible as it is getting beyond a joke and using up the limited mobile data I have to do things like this as many  TalkTalk pages just seem  hang on the home broadband.

Thanks in advance

Rod

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Rodders53
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Hurrah!!!

Just now found that someone has found the fault repair button or replacement electronics card to fix my connection issue (for now at least).  No action required on my part.  Same connection speeds to router.

Ping 14ms Down 35.29 Mbit/s and Up 6.34 Mbit/s via Ookla.

Thank you.

Rod

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi,

Apologies, we've asked the team to re-investigate this and we will post back as soon as we receive an additional update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Rodders53
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Nope.  Still the same issue, Michelle.

Power off 12:31 power on 13:10 approx.

Connected at 39.5/6.8 Mbit/s

Speed test from my account so believe you can see them but the fine details have disappeared for me?

Ping 545 ms? Up 0.19 Down 4.5 from memory.

Rod

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hello,

We've been advised that this should now be resolved. If there is no change in speed then please can you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speeds again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Rod,

I'm sorry, we don't have any further information at the moment, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Rodders53
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Please define "shortly".

Minutes, hours, days?

We are already on day three of virtually no internet and the weekend is with us tomorrow.

"Investigation" suggests to me they haven't found the fault yet, let alone worked out the fix.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hello,

We've been advised that this fault is still under investigation and we're hoping it will be resolved shortly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that there is currently an outage open at the moment. We will re-check this in a few hours to see if there is an update.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Rodders53,

If your upstream and downstream connection (sync) speeds are normal, your upstream throughput speed is normal, but your downstream throughput speed is poor, this can sometimes be caused by bad session data being held in the cabinet for your connection. Have you tried switching your router off for over 30 minutes. This will reset your session when you power the router back on, and this can sometimes resolve issues like this.

If that doesn't help, the support team here will hopefully be able to help more tomorrow.