cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Social Tariff ETA

sitewideuk
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I've had a search a through the recent posts and haven't seen any confirmed information regarding TalkTalks Social Tariff. Is there any update on this?

Additionally, is there any update on TalkTalks stance of people switching to another provider's social tariff without being charged an exit fee?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

We won't know about it any sooner on here than anywhere else, @sitewideuk.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for sharing. I have read similar articles saying the same. The article is dated 26th October and the most recent post asking similar was on the 1st November.

Some of the recent posts in this forum have been responded to by TalkTalk representatives advising they haven't released one yet or are still working on the detailshence my question. 

Ofcom has said:

"Since Ofcom started shining a light on this issue in 2020, the number of providers offering social tariffs has increased from two to nine. But we want to see industry go much further"

Ofcom Social Tariff support 

Just seeing if there was an update or ETA at present. I've managed to help some elderly/vulnerable people move to social tariffs with other providers so I'm hoping TalkTalk release one soon as I have an elderly neighbour currently with TalkTalk who is feeling the cost of living crunch.

D

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

From a  "Which" article,  @sitewideuk :

Screenshot_20221108-213952_Chrome.jpg

 Full article:

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/broadband/article/all-you-need-to-know-about-broadband-social-tariff...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.