cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Supposedly connected now and STILL not working

BMChris
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

We signed up with our live date 28th March.

We had an engineer round and he said he was missing a component and we needed to wait for another engineer. A day later and not a word from TalkTalk so I rang up (there's NO contact details on your site for this by the way, I had to google the number) and was told it would be TWO WEEKS before another engineer could come. I said that was unacceptable and they need to do better, and they got an appointment for the 4th April.

That was today. I got a text this morning saying they'd be here between 8 and 1pm. 1 o clock came and went and no engineer showed up.

About 2pm I had an email saying we were now connected. I've connected the router and the phone, but there's no phone signal and the router is flashing an amber light (and has been for over an hour).

I phoned customer support and was taken through a bunch of automated responses which then said 'we'll do a test and let you know' and abruptly hung up on me. I then got another text saying ANOTHER engineer needs to come out 'within 2-3 days'.

This is ABSOLUTE APPALLING service. I need the internet for work and have now been without it for over a week. I have had to buy a very expensive data package on my mobile which I'm currently using as a router with mixed results, and it's burning through the data on there and now I have to wait ANOTHER 3 days??

This is an absolute farce and I'll be expecting to be reimbursed for the data I had to buy.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi BMChris

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

BMChris
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Yes it's working now, thanks.

Message 3 of 7

Hi BMChris

Openreach have now closed this fault - Actions to resolve: Engineer has resolved the fault located in the overhead network.

Is this working ok now?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi BMChris

Openreach have advised that an engineer is scheduled to investigate on 07 Apr-22. This will be a line engineer.

We will continue to monitor for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

BMChris
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

How soon is 'soon'? We've now been a week and a half without internet and it is affecting my job.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi BMChris,

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue, I know it must be frustrating. I can see that this has been raised to BT Openreach for investigation so the issue should hopefully be resolved soon.

Chris

0 Likes