cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk Wi-fi Hub Band 1 2.4 GHz is not working

EagleAlex
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi All,

On my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub (version SG4K10002816t) i am not longer able to use Band 1 (2.4 GHz).

The Talktalk Wi-fi router is showing that the 2.4 Ghz Band status is "disabled", even though the usage of the 2.4 GHz  band is enabled.

I have attached the output of the router webpage
http://192.168.1.1/0.1/gui/#/simple/wifi

I had a call with technical support team for more than half an hour.

But they were not able to fix the problem.

Can i have the Wi-fi Hub replaced?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Could you check your email junk and spam folders to see if the email has ended up there by mistake

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

No i have not received the netflix token

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi EagleAlex,

Glad to hear it's working now

The Amazon code will be emailed to you within 37 days of going live 

Have you received you Netflix token?

Chris

Message 4 of 11

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Thanks for the help.
I got the new Wi-Fi Hub and the issue is fixed.

Please let train your techincal team, so that no other customer will have a bad experience as myself.

@Skynet_TX  Thanks for the quick response.

@Debbie-TalkTalk 
During my recent talktalk broadband plan renewal, i had opted for Annual payment with the Amazon Pack and Netflix membership package.
I havn't received any details on
1. how to activate my netflix package

2. how to redeem the Amazon pack

Can you please look into it?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi EagleAlex

Sorry for the delay.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

Hi @EagleAlex,

You are much better off coming here to the community for support. As you have tried a factory reset the support team here will likely suggest that they send you a replacement router, they should hopefully be able to respond tomorrow.

Message 7 of 11

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Yes I have tried resetting the Wi-Fi hub multiple (atleast 5) times, still the 2.4 Ghz is disbled.
Can I have replacement of my Wi-Fi Hub?

Message 8 of 11

Hi @Skynet_TX 

Yes I have tried resetting the Wi-Fi hub multiple (atleast 5) times, still the 2.4 Ghz is disbled.
Can I have replacement of my Wi-Fi Hub?

I cannot talk or chat with TalkTalk technical team. I have had enough from them. Its been a horrible experience. 
I called TalkTalk contact number. the technical team didn't even knew about 2.4 GHz (Band 1) of the Wi-Fi router.
I chatted with TalkTalk online chat no use. I spend 3 hours chatting and at the end they just stopped the chat.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi EagleAlex

Have you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @EagleAlex,

Have you tried doing a factory reset by holding in the reset switch on the back of the router for over 10 seconds. If it still remains disabled after that then it is likely your router has developed a fault. The support team here would be able to arrange a replacement for you when they are back after the holidays.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).