cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Talktalk wifi down since yesterday?

JWilkie
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi there, 

My wifi has been down since yesterday morning, I did a live connection test on the talktalk website and it confirmed there is an issue with the broadband between my home and talktalks servers. I clicked fix connection and talktalk disabled my wifi for a few minutes and it worked again... for only 10 minutes then my connection dropped and its been like that since yesterday from around 12pm.

Now every time I tried to run another live test to fix the problem there is always a technical issue please try again later. I checked to see that talktalks help desk is apparently open 7days a week, but I called them not more than 10 mins ago and apparently they're closed. The automated voice said "oh, are you calling about the broadband issue we're trying to fix?" I said yes, and it said "oops, sorry, we're closed." what a load of nonsense.

After selecting the troubleshoot option on the talktalk site and trying all their troubleshooting methods nothing still works, I was given the option to initiate a live chat which is apparently open 7 days a week also but the button to click doesn't even work.

I work from home and this is absolutely ridiculous. I've jumped through every hoop that I can find on this confusing website and nothing works. You should not advertise your helpdesk being open 7 days a week when clearly it is not.

Also, fix your live chat button, it does not work and doesn't initiate the live chat between the employees apparently "working" there.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi JWilkie

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@JWilkie, the only accurate opening hours are those displayed here, and check specific departments:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

The Chat button works more easily on some browsers rather than others, because of their individual security settings. You need to allow ads and pop ups for it to function. 

For staff to pick this up for you tomorrow, complete your community forum profile details so they can identify your account. 

You need to go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes