cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Tried to post twice but flagged as spam

piston
Philosopher
Private Message
Message 32 of 32

As per title

Posted am now pm re broadband speed but first not visible and second try flagged as spam

'I can hear music coming out of my printer. I think the paper’s jammin’ again'
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

piston
Philosopher
Private Message
Message 21 of 32

Hi Michelle

Yes please.

As I write,  4.5 days drop free, all stats slightly different from last week except for upload/download speeds remain exactly fixed at the value the were dropped to at start of Nov.

Happy to try new kit but suspect the cap/lock lieth elsewhere.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the connection looks stable, but the sync speed hasn't increased as yet. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the speed compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. We will re-check the connection stats again on Monday to see how both the stability and speed compares.

Thanks

Message 24 of 32

On reflection, some of the disconnection you mention might be er me...messing with kit and rebooting the modem.

I'll leave it on 24/7 from now on but (apart from the line drop and reboot when the speed rest happened) it hasn't fallen over, that I've noticed, since fix in Feb and has been running at 35Mb consistent speed without fail.

No messing, promise.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply

No other issues.

The clean line and absolutely locked speeds back last December was what led to conclusion that the fault lay at exchange level. Engineer went and fixed/reset whatever (got a text at the time) and all fine thereafter until now.

Something is controlling the line speed with absolute consistency regardless of the usual minor attenuation variations etc so I imagine either DLM has blinked (this made no difference last time) or the xch kit is bearing down.

The modem stats pasted in other post are reproducible every day: regardless of machine, cabling, filters, adding silly long extension cables etc most stats sometimes show 0.1db type variations but line rates are always fully locked, no variation... at all...ever (or less than 1 part in 16,000) i.e. a sophisticated lock (or a jolly fine impersonation thereof).

Regards

PS What triggered the spam filter...length of post...boredom...?

PPS What is  the problem re providing mobile number to online line checker? 3 browsers, no joy but back in Dec/Jan never noticed an issue.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 32

Hi piston,

Line test is passing but showing disconnections and drop in speed. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

Just found my spam flagged post appearing further down. So 2 posts on same issue...SPAMMERAMA

D'oh

0 Likes

Message 28 of 32

Hi Michelle,

My 35Mb broadband has suddenly dropped/and locked to: Line rate (kb/s): Down/Up: 16495/ 4296 (same issue Dec/Jan last).

Test socket, change cables, filters etc makes no difference. Minor line stats change by 0.1 db or so but line rate stays exactly (100%) the same (10 days,  16 reboots, win10/7...never alters).

TT Fix site says: The connection from our network to your home is showing Red status. We suspect an issue with your broadband .

It wants to do a line test but sticks needing my mobile number but there is no box to supply it, it is in My Account and the app. shows my acc. no.

Last time (Feb) it worked fine, line was clear, issue was kit at exchange. I'll stop and try posting pre spam limit?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 32

Morning,

Apologies, I've removed the post from the spam queue, however I can't seem to find your initial post. Would it be possible to confirm what issues you're currently experiencing with your connection here and we can take a look at this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 32

Probably best to keep the initial post as brief as possible, just to get staff onto your case, @piston, and then just supply the information as needed. 

It looks like it was an automated Spam thing - some algorithm just decides....

Our fate is at the mercy of machines these days!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

piston
Philosopher
Private Message
Message 31 of 32

Is it cos I wrote in a text editor the pasted post in? This used to be ok.

0 Likes