cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Trying to attach my Helium Miner through Ehernet but ports 'Closed'.

SteveMycoe
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Helium Hotspot through my routers Ethernet cable. Do I need to request a dedicated public IP address and/or do I need to do something else to open the 'port forwarding' Ethernet Ports which say they are 'closed'?

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

There is nothing wrong with your Port Forwarding rule at all. I have dealt with port forwarding a lot for Data Mining devices & every time it has been a problem with that device.

Is the device's IP address setup in the router as DHCP reserved?

From what others have told me you may have to reboot the miner by going to the local dash for the (sensecap) helium miner and select re-boot.

Hopefully, it will be listed in User Device Information.

Just make sure that the PF rule is still pointing to the miner's IP address.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply.

The router is a black Sagemcom  cs 50001   version SG4K100130.

Port forwarding screenshot attached.

Thanks again

Steve

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

The port forwarding needs to be correct. If you tell me the make/model of router that you are using & give me a screenshot of your port forwarding configuration within it, I will be able to advise.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?