cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

powerline adaptors not working

Christoph
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have my tv and talktalk box connected to the internet via powerline adaptors which have stopped working/pairing. I have tried re-pairing and resetting several times in the same room but nothing seems to work - admittedly I have had them for quite a few years.

On the transmitter,  I have the powerlight and ethenet light but no powerline light on the receiver there is the main powerlight  but nothing else. 

When I tried to re- pair there is a flash of amber on the receiver on the powerline light but it is not sustained amber as it says there should be on the instructions. 

Does anyone have any ideas or do they need replacing?

ps There was a red light for a time before it stopped working all together.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi,

If you've had the powerline adapters for over 5 years then unfortunately they would be no longer under warranty so we wouldn't be able to replace them free of charge.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thanks again, will check profile, although they won't be within any kind of warranty time.

Christoph.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

I would think I've had them for five years or so, can't be sure.

I bought them from the talktalk shop. They have the talktalk logo on the front and D Link on the back with model number DHP-P326AV. 

I don't know if they' ve  been superseded/upgraded or still sold - they are different from some others since there is a plug through and two internet connections possible on the side.

Christoph.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

How long have you had these adapters for? Did you purchase them from the TalkTalk Store or receive them as part of the set up?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, that rules out your electrical wiring & the powerline adapters are definitely faulty. I do not know how long a warranty you had with these, so I will ask TalkTalk to confirm what can be done for you. Please make sure that your Community Profile is up to date.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I have tried them side by side and it is the same - just the main powerlight on the receiver and nothing else. There is a brief flash of amber in the powerline light but nothing sustained. I think you're right - they used to work but one or both have developed a fault and need to be replaced. The signal did seem to be weak at times over the past week or so with pictures looking vague/lacking much detail.

And then using an electric fire in the plug just before the TV/powerline also stopped Disney etc from working. I have been considering getting an internet cable running from the router (which is towards the back of the house) outside to the front of house for the tv connections but that is a whole other approach...

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

This means that the two units can't communicate with each other. One or both of the units could be faulty, or there could be a problem with your electrical wiring. How do they behave as far as the powerline light is concerned when connected side by side in a double socket?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes