cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Turn Off Wi-Fi Optimisation

R2223
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Could Wi-Fi Optimisation please be turned off again on my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub (Sagemcom Fast 5364) so that I can set the Wi-Fi channels manually. I had to reset the router so lost the existing setting. Thanks.

Having a simple toggle switch in the firmware is something TalkTalk really should consider adding given how many people have to ask OCE’s to turn it off.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hello,

I've posted on your topic this morning.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Please start your own thread, @Padwa69, to avoid confusion between accounts and this is an ongoing discussion between the OP and staff.

You need to return to the message board and click start a topic. 

Also add your Talktalk phone number or account number in your Personal Information details. Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Padwa69
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

Hi I need wifi optimisation turned off for my router please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for getting back to me about the upcoming firmware. Much appreciated.

I am surprised it takes the developers over a year to release one firmware update. Most other routers out there get updates regularly every few months. It’s quite disappointing given how many major bugs these have.

Message 6 of 13

Hi @R2223 

I've been advised that the new firmware is due to start rolling out around the beginning of August.

Thanks

Message 7 of 13

Hi R2223

It's no problem 🙂  As soon as they confirm the official rollout date then I will post back here and let you know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thank you for checking on the status of this for me Debbie.

Message 9 of 13

Hi R2223

I've been advised that new firmware for the Sagemcom hub should be available within the next 6 months (if not earlier)

They are working to release the new version ASAP.

Message 10 of 13

Hi R2223

No problem 🙂

I'm sure there is new firmware coming soon, let me just check and I will post back shortly to confirm.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Thank you for the quick reply Debbie. Can I also ask is there any update about a new firmware version for the Fast 5364?

It’s been over half a year since bugs (like being logged out when navigating the UI and not being able to re-enable a Wi-Fi band after turning it off) have been reported and no firmware resolving these has been released.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi R2223

Apologies, I've switched this off for you now.

I did feedback this back previously to request a feature so customers could switch this on/off themselves. I will pass on this feedback again, thank you.

Debbie