cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

UK Technical Contact Needed Ugently

KelandDave
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi
A while back I had a problem with my broadband that the online chat teams and overseas call centres could not resolve.  Someone kindly gave me the number of the technical call centre in the UK (not a UK number that transfers to overseas, actually in the UK) so that I could call them directly and they were able to resolve my problem very quickly.  Unfortunately I lost the phone number that I was given and can't locate it again.

I now have a family member in the same situation who has been without broadband service and cannot resolve it with either the chat team or the overseas help numbers.  A few months back they chose to upgrade their broadband service, but the upgrade wasn't put through.  They kept calling to see what was happening and it still wasn't resolved and eventually they were told the upgrade hadn't been put through and that it would now be put through for them.

Still the upgrade hasn't gone through, now their normal service has been disconnected and they now haven't had broadband service at all since Saturday.  They have spent more than 9 hours on the phone to the overseas call centres each time they call they are told they can only speak with the overseas call centres and that you don't have a UK call centre and nothing gets resolved.

They rely on their broadband connection and cannot be without it any longer and have started to speak with BT to switch provider as your overseas call centre cannot resolve the problem of why they are left with no broadband.

I have told them that the UK technical call centre that I was put in touch with were fantastic and to let me see if I can get their phone number for them.  Can anyone help, does this very well hidden UK call centre still exist and can anyone send me their phone number so that I can pass it on to my family before they go ahead with the switch to BT.

Thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this and hope everything goes well with your family members new ISP.

Thanks

0 Likes

KelandDave
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

@ferguson I have just contacted her again giving your suggestion and she has said that she has sent messages on Twitter and even emailed your CEO who has replied and she has responded.  She has said on her last call that she was told by Fabrizio from TalkTalk that her best option was to find another provider as they couldn't sort it out.

Update :
Thanks again for the help, I have just spoken to her again and she has confirmed that since nobody was able to help and in light of the above she has gone ahead and signed up with BT who are sending her a means to connect to the internet for tomorrow whilst they put in place her actual connection.   I checked with her and it wasn't a line problem it was that my brother-in-law requested a few months ago an upgrade to fibre, but for some reason the request was not put through and an engineer wasn't sent to complete the upgrade.  When they eventually found out this was what the problem was they said to not bother with the upgrade as it was taking too long and too much of a problem to sort out and to leave them with the account that they already had.  They where left to understand that this was the case and then on Saturday with no notice they found that they had no internet at all and have been trying to get assistance via phone calls ever since and as above nobody has an answer for them, so as recommended they went with a switch to another company.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Depending on where the problem lies e.g. on the Openreach network then switching to another provider may not be the answer. Perhaps you could suggest to your family member that they post on here? The support team will be happy to help.

0 Likes

KelandDave
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thanks @ferguson they have been trying this number and they haven't been able to help them.

I guess it will be a switch to BT then.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

There isn't a specific number other than 0345 172 0088, calls will be routed to the appropriate team based on the nature of the query.

0 Likes