cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable To Port Forward with the DG8041W

eLiam
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

"Conflict with internal service port" trying to port forward 80/443.  DMZ doesn't seem to work (when configured, traffic to those ports doesn't reach the DMZ).

I notice similar posts to this over a long period of time.  Is this fixed / ever going to be?  Seems likely to be straightforward to add a router config option to set the service ports.  Is the only fix to use a different router?  In which case, do I need a modem solution from TT to enable this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Morning,

Thanks @KeithFrench

Would you like us to send a different router?

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi @eLiam 

This is a known firmware issue I reported to TalkTalk some time ago. Currently, you have two options, use a different external port for each, but then that port will need specifying in the URL used by anyone trying to access your web server. The other option is to ask TalkTalk if they will be prepared to swap it for the Sagemcom hub that does not suffer this problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi eLiam,

Does the information in this thread help with your issue - Port forwarding on DG8041W router - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes