cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to access Cynergy Bank via the TalkTalk DNS server

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 65 of 65

I am unable to access the Cynergy Bank website (www.cynergybank.co.uk which has the IP address of 107.162.158.249) via my TalkTalk router. It appears your DNS server can't resolve the address. If I change the primary DNS server to 1.1.1.1 in my TalkTalk Super router then it can resolve the address OK, or if I put the Cynergy Bank IP address in my browser address bar it can access it. I would rather stay with the TalkTalk DNS primary server on 79.79.79.79. Please could you investigate. Thanks

0 Likes
64 REPLIES 64

RichardF
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 61 of 65

I've just rebooted my router for over 30 minutes as suggested but still can't access secure trust bank website.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 62 of 65

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retested again as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 63 of 65

Yes, exactly the same problem as I have with Cynergy Bank. I've just tried and Secure Trust bank doesn't work for me either. Try changing your Primary DNS server to 1.1.1.1 in your router and I'm sure it will then work for you.

0 Likes

RichardF
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 64 of 65

For the last few days I've also been unable to access https://www.securetrustbank.com

I can access Ok on mobile or through ToR browser but can't be reached direct browsing using any of the browsers installed on my pc.

0 Likes