cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to access Cynergy Bank via the TalkTalk DNS server

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 65 of 65

I am unable to access the Cynergy Bank website (www.cynergybank.co.uk which has the IP address of 107.162.158.249) via my TalkTalk router. It appears your DNS server can't resolve the address. If I change the primary DNS server to 1.1.1.1 in my TalkTalk Super router then it can resolve the address OK, or if I put the Cynergy Bank IP address in my browser address bar it can access it. I would rather stay with the TalkTalk DNS primary server on 79.79.79.79. Please could you investigate. Thanks

0 Likes
64 REPLIES 64

Message 41 of 65

Hi Alfie. My guess is that it isn't to do with the router because it works for me if I change the primary DNS Server to one other than 79.79.79.79. I used Cloudflare on 1.1.1.1. Not that I'm an expert in how the Domain Name System works but I assume that the router's role (whoever makes it) is to tell your TalkTalk internet connection where to go to get it's IP addresses and it appears that the TalkTalk recommended DNS Server seems to have lost, or more likely corrupted its records for Cynergy Bank and Secure Trust for some reason.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 65

I've also tried Secure Trust and am getting the same "can't connect" message as I get for Cynergy, so it seems to be the same generic issue.  Once again, the issue seems to date back to the beginning of the year.  I've also tried some of the more traditional bank sites such as Lloyds and Santander and these are OK.  Michelle - have you or your team tried connecting to Cynergy and/or Secure Trust using a TalkTalk router, and if so what was the result?

0 Likes

hatos13
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 65

I have also discovered I have been unable to access Secure Trust Bank. It was fine last month & nothing has changed. The only way I can access it is by using mobile data & switching off WiFi. Something odd is going on here. Perhaps somebody could let me know.

0 Likes

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 65

I've just tried enabling Kidsafe then adding www.cynergybank.co.uk as an allowed site. Didn't make any difference - it still can't access the website.

0 Likes

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 65

Hi Michelle,

Sorry I've not been on my computer today until recently. All the issues identified by alfie07 and RichardF are identical for me and I get the same error messages with my Firefox browser, and equivalent messages with Edge and Chrome. I also turned my router off for 30 mins and it made no difference, which I wasn't surprised about because I don't think it is anything to do with the router as it works by changing to the Cloudflare DNS server for the primary DNS server.

I have done a Ping and Traceroute to www.cybergybank.co.uk (failed), 107.162.158.249 and also www.cynergybank.co.uk with the DNS server set to 1.1.1.1 which used the identical route as to the IP address (as you might expect).

I will send you the screenshots via a private message if I can work out how to.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 65

Sorry - I've been out of the house for the last few hours.  I've just tried the Traceroute command but the cmd window disappears on its own accord before I have a chance to copy the data.  Also, I don't know how to send you a private message.  One thought - have you or any of your team tried to access the www.cynergybank.co.uk address yourselves using a TalkTalk router.  I'm thinking you may then encounter the same problem.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 65

Hello,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 48 of 65

Hi again,

The team have asked if you could do the trace route first and send this to me via a Private Message please.

Could you then both try switching KidSafe on in your My Account please and once it's active then add the site to the allow list, save this and then re-check if you're able to access the site again please.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 49 of 65

Hi,

Thank you both. We're just liasing with our team now and will post back shortly.

Michelle

0 Likes

RichardF
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 65

I've tried in various browsers.(don't have an app) Message just indicates unable to connect and suggests network diagnostic.

0 Likes

Message 51 of 65

The team have also asked if it would be possible to run a trace route to the affected site. Please send me the results via a Private Message.

Run a Ping or Traceroute - TalkTalk Help & Support

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 52 of 65

When I just used my Firefox browser I got the following message:  

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.cynergybank.co.uk.

I've also used alternative browsers such as Edge and Chrome and get variants of the same message

0 Likes

Message 53 of 65

Hi all,

Our team are investigating now. Can I just confirm, do you see any error messages when the site won't load or is it just a blank screen? Are you using an app or going directly via a browser please?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 54 of 65

Hello,

Sorry to hear this. Will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

alfie07
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 65

Just to say that I've experienced the same problem connecting to Cynergy.  I think this started at the beginning of the new year.

0 Likes

Message 56 of 65

Ok thanks for confirming. I'm looking into this now and will come back to you with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

RichardF
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 65

Yes as I set out in my post. I couldn't give an exact date as it's only a site I visit occasionally. Nothing has changed my end, however my pc and phone have just stopped accessing STB in the last week or so.

0 Likes

Message 58 of 65

Hi,

So just to confirm this only started a few days ago and prior to this you've been able to access this site ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

RichardF
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 65

No I'm not using home safe kids

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 60 of 65

Hello,

Ok, thanks for trying this. Are you using HomeSafe/KidSafe at all?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes