cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Upgrade option query

brummyfan
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi friends,

Happy New Year to all, I have a simple query, at the moment I have ordered a BB and Phone package which begins in my new place soon, could someone please advice me whether it's better to upgrade to include TV as well, I know it depends on personal circumstances but still I would like to hear your thoughts, thanks.

★Desk Jockey | ★Extended Profile | ★Basic Profile | ★Account Verified | ★Got Potential | ★Feedback Loop | ★Active Participant | ★Completionist
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

A modern Smart TV obviates the need for any added devices for the vast majority of streaming services. And there are others available beyond the Fire Stick, e.g. Roku and Chromecast. Any of which by the way will happily fill a gap if your TV is otherwise OK.

Message 2 of 6

Hi @brummyfan just so long as I don't have to pay  for  it! If you don't already have  a smart  TV some of the Amazon tv sticks and  boxes might be an option, less expensive certainly. Recording stuff  is slowly being  obviated by  a slew of  apps like iplayer bbc etc.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

brummyfan
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Thank you guys for the suggestions, I will go for a smart TV 👍

★Desk Jockey | ★Extended Profile | ★Basic Profile | ★Account Verified | ★Got Potential | ★Feedback Loop | ★Active Participant | ★Completionist

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

It costs £25 upfront and an ongoing £4 a month for a box which does little more than a Smart TV or device, as @Divsec said. Personally I find it a poor value proposition.

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi @brummyfan for me, with a good smart TV, a prime account and a memory stick, TV is a waste of space and money. Other wiser souls will certainly have a perfectly valid contra opinion.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.