cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Upload speeds.

wayofthecass
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Firstly really unimpressed with your support. No number, online chat or email is evident in contact details. Seems to be you make it difficult for somebody to get support. 

Secondly, my upload speed is continuously being throttled. It was 9 meg when I first came over and now it's 0.72 meg. That is quite frankly awful and totally unacceptable. No doubt you'll be claiming it's the router which is the generic response to any fault on here going by what I've seen. Please resolve and also can I find out when my contract ends? Regards.

Paul Anthony Cassidy
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the upstream sync speed is varying. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

That helps clarify things, @wayofthecass. Yes, appalling upload speeds.

Let us know if you make headway through phone /Chat support over the weekend. 

Otherwise, it's important not to post further before staff reply, as you need this thread to reach them in the workflow. 

Do add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details, as that is the crucial bit of information they need for identifying your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

wayofthecass
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

I'm on Fibre 65.

Paul Anthony Cassidy
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Your contract ends as detailed in each bill each month.

You should be able to see this in the details of it in My Account. 

All the TT staff contact options above should be able to advise you about that, if you have trouble with My Account.  It sometimes glitches.....

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

There's no email address to use, @wayofthecass, but, if you complete your community forum profile details, forum staff will be able to identify your account and give support specific to your situation. 

You need to go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

They are unlikely to reply before Monday. Fellow customers may provide advice or share experience. 

Otherwise use the details I gave above, or wait for a response from staff next week. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The upload speeds are limited to the package, @wayofthecass, so ordinary Fast Broadband won't give more than 1Mbps,  whereas Fibre35 should be closer to 10. What package are you on?

Chat available on this page,  near the bottom  - see hours of availability:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Contact support on  Saturday, after 9am:

03451 720088

0 Likes