Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN Issues

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

Hi,

Since I joined talktalk I have issues with my work computer when working from home, I even opened this topic

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/VPN-Issue/m-p/2211691#M712041

The problem was not resolved and I changed jobs and in this new one I work more form home, also, the problem is worse, many apps takes forever o open, such as webex meetings and even excel. I believe is intolerable that VPN issues like this happen, working from home is something normal and widespread, I cannot accept the fact that I pay for a service that does not allow this.

Please provide a solution asap.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I've made a small change here. can you retest the vpn.

Do you have any issues with general internet usage outside of the vpn issue ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Thanks for that, I will test and let you know.

No, apart from VPN, all works great, gaming, streaming, browsing...

Cheers,

Emilio

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

No, still the same, webex is taking ages to connect. Do I need to restart my modem?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Give the router a reboot.  If still slow, log into the router and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8  &  8.8.4.4

See if the different DNS alters performance when connected to the VPN.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

It seems it is working now, did not need to change the DNS, I will keep an eye on it and if the problems gets back i will change it and let you know, thanks Karl!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi emiliozs,

Ok thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

Hi,

The problem is back. I tried to change the DNS as advised but I could not find where in the router admin page, I found the DNS but it does not allow me to change.

Please advise.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I've a router on the way to you so a different router can be tested.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

Hi Karl,

The new router arrived and the problem is still here. This is the third router form talk talk I have in order to resolve the problem but it just doesn't. After the first change you made it was working really well, webex opening fast, no need to wait to load and then the problem was back. Since the first time I got in touch with you to report this problem, more than a year ago the solution is intermittent, sometimes work sometimes don't and I want a DEFINITIVE SOLUTION, and I want it now, I need my connection working in order to work properly and access my company tools.  Honestly, I feel so frustrated because I pay for a service and only get half service in return, again, it is INTOLERABLE that talktalk does not work with VPNs!!!! Remote working is a reality and you are behind.

Please solve this asap.

thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi emiliozs,

Is the router that you have connected at the moment, the one you've just received. It's not running the latest firmware version so we can update it if it's convenient 

Chris

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Yes, the router it is connected now is the one I got this week. Please update it and let me know

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi emiliozs,

I've tried updating your router firmware but its failed, could you reboot your router and let us know when you've done this and we'll have another go

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Done.

Please let me know if you succeed.

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

Chris,

Any news? I am working form home today and facing issues. This needs to be fixed asap! BTW, this modem I received looks the same as the previous one, unless there is a difference in hardware/software, I don't understand why we are going through this process again (the previous modem already had the most updated firmware)

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi emiliozs,

Sorry, I'm still unable to update your router, which VPN client are you using?

Chris

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

GlobalProtect I believe. I am not entirely sure since it was installed on my company's PC

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi emiliozs

Apologies for the delay.

Please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for 10 seconds, I can then try the update again.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
emiliozs
Team Player

I feel we are going in circles here, please explain what is the difference from this router I received a couple of weeks ago to the previous one? The previous one was successfully updated by your team and I still have the issue. Today I had problems again for joining WebEx meetings. I feel my time is being wasted with pointless actions (change router, updated router, update DNS which I could not do because the router interface did not allow me to) meanwhile, the problem is here, I am getting stressed and it is affecting my work, this is beyond ridiculous. I want it solved NOW, I am not ignorant in technology, this is clearly some restriction to VPNs imposed by talktalk that affects people that need to work form home. Again, please resolve this NOW I will take the measures to cancel this contract and go with a competitor since you fail to deliver a decent service as expected.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi emiliozs,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue

I think both routers that you have are the same model (HG635). There is no known issue, as far as I'm aware, with the HG635 in VPN's but I can send you a different make and model of router to test with just to make sure that it's not a specific problem with this router and your VPN client 

Chris