cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Open Reach Modern Sporadic No internet (no green light)

Dondatta
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi

Can someone help as I am at my wits end. I will say the issue first and then what I have done to get help.

Issue since about January is that at random times throughout the day the internet goes sometimes coming on for a minute sometimes gone for hours and sometimes stays on for hours. 

After a lot of investigation I have realised the open reach modem that the talk talk WiFi router is connected to, the light is not green on there when the internet goes (see attached). How can this be resolved?

Since January I have been using the chat on talk talk at least 10 times at it says there's a fault, takes me to chat, and if I could swear I would at the treatment there but they pass me from one person to another standing over 2 hours each time and no one even tries to help each just saying oh we'll pass you to the right team.

I am paying for nothing at this moment 

My father is in palliative care and I cannot work from home as I don't have internet connection which I've mentioned to talk talk and they have quite literally said who cares. I won't go into other issues this is causing but needless to say I am regretting the day I renewed my contract with talk talk and it was just done in January no less!. Even call back from managers, they send a time and date and then don't call. Heartless and disgusting. 

IMG-20240401-WA0010.jpg

S. Ahmad
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Dondatta,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems with your service. I've checked the engineer report and he did carry out work on the line to resolve the issue, I'm sorry that the issue has re-occurred.

Could you explain what problem you are experiencing with your telephone, is there a dial tone? Are you currently able to make and receive calls?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi

The engineer didn't come but just rang me and said he'd fixed everything and said he found the problem 

The internet worked ok for 2 days and then returned back to it's old way of dropping connection. 

I have just been on the talk talk help for the last 2 hours and they keep making me so the same checks over and over again and in the end are saying they want to charge me £75 to send out an engineer. I know the issue is with the line because I can see the modem lights stop working. So it is before anything of my connection 

Also the open reach engineer confirmed there was an error and he said that equipment would need to be connected to my home phone line so they could find the fault but there engineer who rang me miraculously said he was able to fix it without doing this and yet the line is not fixed and talk talk are trying to charge me for a call out. All seems very sinister that I am paying for internet I am not getting and then threatened to be charged for a fault that even the open reach engineer acknowledged and claimed he'd fixed but did not 

All this at a time when my father has passed away and people cannot even phone me to give condolences as half the time the phone is not working and the other half I'm on chats with talk talk 

If talk talk do not want to resolve this then be professional and say so but I think my only solution now is the ombudsman. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Dondatta,

Thanks for the update. I can see that another engineer has been booked, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

An engineer came out today but said that the wrong engineer was booked. He said he does just standard copper lines and mine was gfast (I told him by contract is normal fibre 150} but he said that it is all different and so a different engineer will need to be booked by talk talk. 

He said he reset my line but now I have no phone connection. (I only realised this when a relative rang on my mobile to say they could not get through to the land line and the phone now says check phone line) 

The engineer said he had updated all the notes so said to check then that the right engineer has been booked for a follow up. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi I think an engineer has been booked to come out. 

The problem I have though is as the interruptions are sporadic and sometimes off for hours and sometimes on for hours, the fear I have is when the engineer comes out he will say oh it is working (at a time that perchance it is working) and then not test anything properly. I guess I will have to cross that bridge once I get to it. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like me to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi

Yes there is a lot of noise on the line. And the line did go completely down for a week in January

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Dondatta,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your broadband service. Line test is currently passing but showing a lot of disconnections over the last few days. How is your telephone service, does it seem to be working OK? Is there any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes