cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Open Reach Modern Sporadic No internet (no green light)

Dondatta
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 48

Hi

Can someone help as I am at my wits end. I will say the issue first and then what I have done to get help.

Issue since about January is that at random times throughout the day the internet goes sometimes coming on for a minute sometimes gone for hours and sometimes stays on for hours. 

After a lot of investigation I have realised the open reach modem that the talk talk WiFi router is connected to, the light is not green on there when the internet goes (see attached). How can this be resolved?

Since January I have been using the chat on talk talk at least 10 times at it says there's a fault, takes me to chat, and if I could swear I would at the treatment there but they pass me from one person to another standing over 2 hours each time and no one even tries to help each just saying oh we'll pass you to the right team.

I am paying for nothing at this moment 

My father is in palliative care and I cannot work from home as I don't have internet connection which I've mentioned to talk talk and they have quite literally said who cares. I won't go into other issues this is causing but needless to say I am regretting the day I renewed my contract with talk talk and it was just done in January no less!. Even call back from managers, they send a time and date and then don't call. Heartless and disgusting. 

IMG-20240401-WA0010.jpg

S. Ahmad
0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47

Dondatta
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 48

Hi 

Can someone please log an official complaint for me so I can then take this further to the ombudsman. The issue, as always was still persistent. But when this issue occurred again at the start of July and the engineer was called (on the 5th July) he came and again said he can see there are issues but he does not know what is causing the problem and stated to me that what talk talk must do is offer me Fibre to the Prem and this was his solution. I informed him that I have seen that and that is more expensive than what I have and he said as I have had this issue for so long that he would write in his notes for someone to contact me from TalkTalk and they will be able to do it at the price I have already. To date no one has called me. He said he knows there is an issue but stated he also knows it is not at the property and as always he had reset the line (but that only seems to work for a few days) and so said that Fibre to the Prem was his solution. Since then I have had zero calls from TalkTalk and have had the line drop several times in between. But today then I got the amazing present from talk talk of being billed for the Engineer. This is nothing short of disgraceful. I would like then for a complaint to be passed to Nathan Edwards, Executive Complaints officer from the Alternative Dispute Resolution team, who has been dealing with me before, to contact me regarding this. This is utterly disgraceful, TalkTalk knows there is an issue and rather than fix it they would bill  me for it knowing . If there was not an issue then why is it every time an engineer comes out they "rest" the line and it seems ot work then usually for 10 days at least. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 22 of 48

No problem, someone should be in contact soon

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 48

Hi

Thank you and yes it's happening every day now as it's just dropped again

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 24 of 48

OK thanks. I'll pass this over to our Network team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact your directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 48

Yes it is. 

The gentleman who was dealing with the complaint last time, I cannot remember his name unfortunately,  but he stated he was going to try and see what steps to take and first step was calling out a senior engineer who then did in a way get a fix by replacing the connectors in the box on the street. But then what the next step would be I do not know hence I was saying please if you can notify that gentleman. It should be on my account as the last completed complaint although it was completed for the sake of it as I requested a call back beyond two weeks and was told that the complaint would need to be marked as completed but would still get a cash.

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 26 of 48

OK thanks. Is the router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 48

I would say there is noise on the line if I compare my phone from 2 years ago and now but when the engineers have come out they have not said anything. 

And normally there is no interruption to the phone line. (I think twice in last 6 months the phone was affected but once was an outage local and the other time the BT engineer plugged the wire in the wrong place).

So as far as I can tell no link with internet dropping and the phone line not working as the phone line seems to work as per normal

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 28 of 48

Is there any interruption to your telephone service when the broadband connection is down, or any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 48

Hi

Yes. From about 5 onwards I did not see a drop. 

Like I said when the issue started in January that too started with a drop here and there and then by march sometimes most of a day would go without internet. 

So this time I think it dropped on Tuesday evening and then Wednesday afternoon. Thankfully each drop was short this time. But obviously now the issue is if it will continue to get worse and worse

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 30 of 48

Hi Dondatta,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems again. There were a few disconnections over the period of a couple of hours yesterday afternoon but since then the connection appears to have been stable. Does it seem to have been stable at your end since around 5pm yesterday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 48

I'll re-escalate this for you, @Dondatta.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 32 of 48

Hi

I was expecting a call from one of team. I can't remember the gentleman's name but he was the one who was dealing with my last complaint. He marked it as complete as I told him to call me more than 2 weeks after the issue was fixed as normally it rears up after 2 weeks but I have received no call. 

The issue has started again since yesterday and I do think it is an issue with BT open reach as this weekend gone there was an engineer fiddling with the box again and I straight away knew my internet would be affected again and lo and behold by Tuesday night the same drops again. Whatever they fixed last time seemed to do job as I think it's been 3 weeks and normally within about 10 days the issue would come back. But whatever was fixed seems to have been undone. 

Please  then can I get the person to give me a call back to see then what can be done

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 33 of 48

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. Did you manage to contact our support team? Do you still need assistance with this?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 34 of 48

@Dondatta  I'm afraid that staff are not on here at weekends. 

Phone support on 03451 720088 is available till 6pm today.  You can also use Live Chat during opening hours today and Sunday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 35 of 48

Hi

Thank you for getting a complaint raised for myself. 

I was contacted and will be contacted again in 2 weeks at my request. 

Reason for my response is internet is down again. Whenever the engineer comes they fix it from outside and it works for about a week or so and it goes. Today it has gone and is not coming back. 

A new router was sent and still the same. 

Please can this be looked into again as I have no internet at all. 

Solid amber light. Has been down since late morning. 

I understand I will deal with the complaints person when he calls but obviously need someone to come out again and fix it so I can use the internet until I get the call from the complaints person. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 36 of 48

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've raised a complaint for you now and have raised this directly over to our Faults Escalation Team now and have asked that you are contacted ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 37 of 48

Hi

I am in the same position again. This seems to be now a continuous thing. Since January 15th the internet comes and goes sporadically. I then spend an hour on chat at least getting messed around being told to do certain steps that I've already done and then transferred to someone else who makes me do the same steps and then transfers me again to someone who makes me do the same steps (each person taking half an hour). Thank goodness for this forum as otherwise nothing would happen. 

But I still have issues, the internet goes sporadically, then comes the complaints then an engineer "fixes" then a week goes and repeat. 

This has been now 4 months of this. 

Is it possible please through here to get a senior manager then to deal with this as a complaint as I've probably spent at least 40 hours on chats and whatnot and that is basically full time job. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 38 of 48

Hi Dondatta,

I'm sorry to hear about your Father, having to deal with this at an already upsetting time must be causing additional stress.

Line test is picking up a fault so I've logged this out to Openreach for investigation. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home.

I'll keep an eye on the fault ticket and let you know if I see any updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 39 of 48

Hi

The engineer came out, stated initially the wires were wrongly connected at the main box. Stated he had now fixed this. He changed my modem as well. He also disconnected my ringer as he said sometimes that might cause problems. 

The long story short is the problem is still there. 

At random times the internet stops working. He said if it goes to tell talk talk they need to send a broadband engineer as the ones they keep raising are a fix for the phone but the issue is the broadband. 

He said once again to make sure to show the lights which is on the original email and that then they would need to send someone out to fix it. 

Each time I know it is something open reach related because whatever they do, whether it's resetting the line as they say they are doing sometimes or whatever else, then the issue doesn't occur for 3 to 5 days but surely a week later you'll see it occur and then continuously and sporadically getting worse. 

So I am now in month 4 of this issue and no closer to getting it fixed. 

And each time I get onto chat I am waiting hours going through things I have already done which didn't help. 

I really need help in what to do now. 

This issue started when my father went into hospital and all of his final days of illness I've been on chats and trying to get this resolved. Even when my father died I was having to entertain engineers and chats rather than mourning my father and even when I had managers contact me during that time too and this is now what I associate talk talk with, basically ruining the end days of my time with my father and being a cause of worry whilst I was burying him. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 40 of 48

Hi Dondatta,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems with your service. I've checked the engineer report and he did carry out work on the line to resolve the issue, I'm sorry that the issue has re-occurred.

Could you explain what problem you are experiencing with your telephone, is there a dial tone? Are you currently able to make and receive calls?

Chris

0 Likes