cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Open Reach Modern Sporadic No internet (no green light)

Dondatta
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 48

Hi

Can someone help as I am at my wits end. I will say the issue first and then what I have done to get help.

Issue since about January is that at random times throughout the day the internet goes sometimes coming on for a minute sometimes gone for hours and sometimes stays on for hours. 

After a lot of investigation I have realised the open reach modem that the talk talk WiFi router is connected to, the light is not green on there when the internet goes (see attached). How can this be resolved?

Since January I have been using the chat on talk talk at least 10 times at it says there's a fault, takes me to chat, and if I could swear I would at the treatment there but they pass me from one person to another standing over 2 hours each time and no one even tries to help each just saying oh we'll pass you to the right team.

I am paying for nothing at this moment 

My father is in palliative care and I cannot work from home as I don't have internet connection which I've mentioned to talk talk and they have quite literally said who cares. I won't go into other issues this is causing but needless to say I am regretting the day I renewed my contract with talk talk and it was just done in January no less!. Even call back from managers, they send a time and date and then don't call. Heartless and disgusting. 

IMG-20240401-WA0010.jpg

S. Ahmad
0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47

Dondatta
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 48

Hi

I have now cancelled my contract and switched but still getting bills from talk talk generated (although £0). Please can my account be fully closed and removed then 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 2 of 48

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Did you manage to get in contact with our Support Team since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 48

Staff are not back on here before Monday now, @Dondatta.

Support available as advised here over the weekend:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 48

Hi

This is really getting ridiculous now. I basically have had no internet since the time I notified talk talk of the switch. Yesterday again it was down from 5 to about 9. Today again it's been down since 10 am. I still have 2 weeks left of the contract so what on earth is going on. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 5 of 48

Hi

I can see the service online at this moment. I'm also sorry to hear that you are transferring to another provider, and do wish you well with your next service.

As Michelle mentioned, the next option would have been to arrange an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 48

Hi

I have started a switch to another provider. But sadly I got a call from talktalk today to tell me eventually that they could offer me FTTP but it would have been £4 a month dearer than what i am getting. Disappointing because going through the cancellation and asking about the engineer recommendations I was told several times that talk talk do not offer FTTP at my property (as mentioned by Candace who said it was impossible that the BT engineer would have made that recommendation as there is no FTTP at my property). Nevertheless, the sad part is, since the phone call and me rejecting the offer, my internet has stopped working altogether. It could be a coincidence but chatting 5 over the last 4 weeks it only dropped during the weekend and would only drop for up to an hour maximum 3 hours, I have had no internet since the phone call arrived 3 onwards. Very disappointing that even in the last few weeks of my contract talk talk are being extremely unprofessional. Same old story of the 2 lights not coming on the white modem. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 7 of 48

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection did look very unstable. If the set up hasn't changed since the last engineer visit then the only option we have is to arrange an engineer visit to the property. If you'd like to go ahead with this then please can you confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges and also provide a few days availability AM or PM.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 48

Hi

Connection is still the same. So far for the past 4 weeks, every weekend the internet drops. Yesterday it was between 4:30pm onwards until about 6 and today it has gone now about 1pm (perhaps earlier but returned home now and it's not working). 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 9 of 48

The charge has been removed so the amount taken on this bill will be £29.08, which is you usual monthly amount. 

Regards

Message 10 of 48

They cannot change the amounts showing in the bill as it's as fixed as a printed version, @Dondatta.

If it's been credited already well ahead of the Direct Debit date, only your normal billed amount will actually be taken.

The details will all show itemised in your NEXT bill.

Message 11 of 48

May I ask, will the £75 charge for the engineer which has been credited back, show up on this bill or the next bill? As at present the bill online just shows the charge still on there?

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 12 of 48

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear that. How is your connection at the moment?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 48

Thank you so much for that. 

And I am really still very angry with the BT engineer as every single time they have come out, they have quite literally done nothing at all. Several times, when people were dealing with me from TalkTalk, I have been told that talk talk have equipment and they can see the drops on the line. Whenever I have asked every engineer that has come out they said they have no such equipment and just blame Talk Talk saying how bad they are 

But now I am in a bit of a problem because I can't now in future call out an engineer and I have had times really badly where the internet was not working (pre June fix) and now then if my internet goes I know the engineer will lie and just ask you guys to charge me. One thing I know is they definitely do something, even if resetting the line, because the internet works again for at least 2 weeks. And in fact, the last time that the internet was working I think for a whole month, after the connections were replaced and a fix was done remotely (as I lost all internet connection for the day) but then the internet worked perfectly and back to it's correct speed. At the end of the 4 weeks, on the weekend I saw another engineer fiddling with the phone box and I said straight away to my wife that they will have definitely messed something on our line and lo and behold 3 days later my internet was down. So they know there is an issue, they quite literally do nothing when they come and then have given completely the wrong information because he said categorically to me the line could have an issue anywhere therefore it'll be better for the FTTP. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 14 of 48

The charge will have because the engineer has said that there is no fault found and service is working OK. I've credited back the £75. Could you monitor the connection over the next few days and if the disconnections continue please let us know 

If you do wish to discuss leaving there are details here - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 48

Again it worked for about 2 weeks and then dropped but at least I think it only dropped once.

I'm still confused as to what I was charged for the engineer visit. The person who rang me to book the engineers visit even said they can see the line dropping. And BT always just blame Talk Talk. And even then I was meant to get a call the next day after the engineer came as a follow up and even that didn't occur so there are a lot of things pointing to Talk Talk being very problematic as ever then allegedly the claim is that nothing is on the notes about the engineer staying fibre to the premises when he was the one who had to explain all that to me and then said that's what he'll get talk talk to ring me about and even went as far as to say that I'll get in the same price. 

So all I'm trying to do now is get back my money for being charged for engineer visit and I think my time with talk talk will now come to an end as I will enforce the CISAS ruling and leave. I, for my part at least, was willing to stay even if the internet dropped once or twice as that was livable. But now after seeing the underhanded practises by talk talk I think I'm best as far away as possible. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 16 of 48

I'm sorry that you were giving the wrong information, how has the connection been since the engineer visit?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 48

Thanks for checking but that is very shocking. This issue has been there since January 24. In fact there is a resolution still being enforced  from CISAS which was that if this is not resolved then I can leave with no cancellation fee so talk talk and the engineer at BT know this is an ongoing issue as even the engineer now knows what's happening

So this time when he came, he didn't even check the house. I told him that the last time he came he changed the connectors and that worked for a month so he said he'll change that at the box.  After doing so he came back and said the issue must be somewhere between the box and my home but he doesn't know where and hence he mentioned fibre to the premises. So I am very angry and seething that I was charged, when at the moment I am already paying for the broadband which works whenever it wants. 

S. Ahmad
0 Likes

Message 18 of 48

Hi Dondatta,

I've checked the engineer notes and there's no mention of FTTP at all and it looks as though you've been charged because the engineer has said basically that no faults have been found. 

Even if the engineer had put a note in the fault ticket about offering FTTP we wouldn't have picked this up as the fault ticket was cleared and closed so I don't understand why the engineer would have told you this anyway

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 48

Hi 

Thank You for that. 

S. Ahmad

Message 20 of 48

You need to log the complaint yourself, @Dondatta, following the Complaints process (linked at the foot of the page).

Staff on the forum cannot set up the deal that the engineer mentioned  - they don't do deals or cancellations. 

Again you would need to contact Talktalk directly on 03451 720088 (Monday to Saturday) or via Chat support.

Sometimes they make a free upgrade to Full Fibre available, which is possibly what the engineer was suggesting, but not necessarily able to promise.

Staff should be able to look into the validity of the engineer charge for you.

0 Likes