cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN for work not working

AndyMcG
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

My work is preparing us to work from home again due to the ongoing pandemic, and had to work from home last Friday, but could not connect to the office VPN, even though I had previously. We tested the computers connectivity to the VPN through other routers and has been able to connect fine. I have talked with my company's IT department, who have recommended I talk to TalkTalk.

The suggestions that TalkTalk's technical support have given me, from the article, have not worked, including connecting my computer to an Ethernet connection and resetting the router to the factory settings etc. When I called again today, they suggested the same thing, and then hung up on me, after being on the call for 45 minutes. 

I cannot use my phone either as a Hotspot as Apple does not support this type of VPN, not that I should have to. We are possibly moving back into lockdown, and I will have no ability to work from home if this is not solved. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi AndyMcG

Apologies for this. Our Products Team are investigating a potential issue with the firmware.

I have ordered you a different router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hello, I have just done it there, thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account, @AndyMcG.

You need to go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Staff should reply in the next day or two. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes