cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi Hub keeps disconnecting

Nathan Gray
Participant
Private Message
Message 78 of 78

Hi, iv been having a problem with my WiFi hub black.

For a couple of months everything with my service has been fine, amazing actually.

But recently over the past couple of months my WiFi hub keeps disconnecting after a couple of hours and I haven't found any way of fixing it.

It preodically kicks everyone's connection off before resuming a few minutes later and it's done it 4 times just today and I'm getting sick of it.

We've currently are waiting for a engineer to come over and check stiff out but the router has been making weird buzzing noises despite us just leaving it alone in a high elevated place.

We never turn it off. It's been really headache inducing. As well as it giving us slower than normal speeds recently.

Nathan Gray
77 REPLIES 77

Message 21 of 78

Yeah we've received it.

It looks like our old one with orange holes in the grate instead of being completely black.

The router is working and everything has been fine when we have tested receiving calls.

I just want to sus out if the micofilter on our master socket was the problem though.

May I ask on the behalf of my family? Are we being charged for this

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 22 of 78

Hi Nathan

Have you received a Sagemcom hub? Yes you can try your old router again to see how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 78

Hi Debbie, can I ask you a question?

I have a sneaky suspicion that it was just the micofilter built into our master socket that was causing the trouble.

Would I be able to plug in the old router with the micofilter to test it to see if it works? Because our old one was a WiFi hub black from talk talk and I believe it is the step up from the one you sent us.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 24 of 78

Hi Nathan

That's great, thank you 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 25 of 78

The router has arrived today, I'll let you know how things go!

Nathan Gray

Message 26 of 78

Hi Nathan

You should receive the text message when the router is due to be delivered.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 78

To specify, I should get a text message once it comes closer to the delivery or should I already have one?

Because I haven't received one on my mobile at the moment.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 28 of 78

Alright thanks, I'll see when I get that.

I was just checking up because I was worried because I haven't got a notification yet and when I went to check our my account it said that there wasn't any delivery's currently.

I'll keep you updated although. Especially when I get that text.

Screenshot_2022-05-11-08-10-00-985_com.android.chrome.jpg

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 29 of 78

Hi Nathan

You should receive a text message to notify you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 30 of 78

Hi Debbie, where would I check on the status of the delivery? I can't find anything on my account even though I saw something yesterday

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 31 of 78
0 Likes

Message 32 of 78

Alrighty thank you!

I'll let you know how it goes

Nathan Gray

Message 33 of 78

Hi Nathan

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 78

Yeah that would be very much appreciated.

Nathan Gray

Message 35 of 78

Hi Nathan

It's no problem 🙂

Would you still like me to send the replacement router as well so you can test at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 36 of 78

I didn't think of that, yeah it would be possible. I apologize.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 37 of 78

Hi Nathan

Would it be possible to remove the faceplate and connect your current router and microfilter at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 38 of 78

This would be appreciated.

I have one concern however, my master socket is the type where it has the micofilter built in. So where would I put the micofilter?

Mine looks like this 

s-l300.jpg

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 39 of 78

Hi Nathan

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a new router and filter for testing so we can rule this out?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 40 of 78

Hi Chris, the internet has been fairly okay but the drops in speed haven't seemed to go away.

We also are having another problem, our router immediately loses signal after we get a phone call and iv never experienced something like this.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes