cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi Hub keeps disconnecting

Nathan Gray
Participant
Private Message
Message 78 of 78

Hi, iv been having a problem with my WiFi hub black.

For a couple of months everything with my service has been fine, amazing actually.

But recently over the past couple of months my WiFi hub keeps disconnecting after a couple of hours and I haven't found any way of fixing it.

It preodically kicks everyone's connection off before resuming a few minutes later and it's done it 4 times just today and I'm getting sick of it.

We've currently are waiting for a engineer to come over and check stiff out but the router has been making weird buzzing noises despite us just leaving it alone in a high elevated place.

We never turn it off. It's been really headache inducing. As well as it giving us slower than normal speeds recently.

Nathan Gray
77 REPLIES 77

Message 61 of 78

Alrighty, that's a good plan, I just find it a bit unfortunate that we might yet again might have to go through another engineer visit. After having 3 of them.

But thanks for taking the time to help I'll see how things go over the weekend. I still haven't seen for long enough if the router problem is fixed yet anyways.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 62 of 78

OK thanks. Could you see how it goes over the weekend. If DLM doesn't move you to a faster line profile then we could look at arrange an visit from an Openreach engineer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 63 of 78

Yeah

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 64 of 78

Is that the only telephone socket in the house?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 65 of 78

We do not have anything else connected to our master socket.

It has two ports on the front, one for the phone line and one for the broadband.

We haven't got anything else connected to it.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 66 of 78

OK thanks, how many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to a router and one telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 67 of 78

It is currently not connected to the test socket. We have a built in micofilter so the broadband wire is connected properly.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 68 of 78

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the update. Do you know if the router is currently connected to the test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

Message 69 of 78

Hi Chris, to my knowledge the engineer visit went really well, I was in college when it happened and my family were left with them.

The router didn't disconnect for the entirely of yesterday after he applied some sort of software update?

He said we were only getting 46mb, which is disappointing as we are guaranteed at least 58mb and we were getting well around 70-72Mb max two weeks ago.

My family is thinking about switching service providers if this continues on, I woke up today and looked at my router login page only to see this.

Screenshot_2022-04-29-10-53-21-262_com.android.chrome.jpg

Do you have any idea why we are still getting slow speeds, even our upload speed went down which is something I have never seen before.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 70 of 78

No problem Nathan, I can understand your frustration. Please let us know how the engineer visit goes and if you need any further assistance following the engineer visit just let us know 

Chris

Message 71 of 78

Yeah I'm hoping it goes back to normal after this engineer visit, it's been a bit upsetting.

Thank you for taking the time to hear me out. For the last week or so this has been an absolute nightmare. Especially the phone calls not receiving due to my dad being admitted to hospital, we weren't able to receive the call at the time due to the problem in our phone line.

Which was honestly distressing and now the speeds dropping which I can assume is the system trying to stabilise the connection.

It's been weird, as we leave the router in a elevated place and I check it over because I'm the resident tech support in the family. Cables plugged in right and I give it the occasional dusting and make sure nothing is obscuring the connection from the rest of the house.

At this point I'm just venting because honestly I don't know where stuff started to go wrong and that's been the worst part.

I appreciate you taking the time here though and hope the engineer will be able to fix things up and sus

Out the problem.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 72 of 78

No problem. The engineer will be able to replace the router if there's a problem with it so I would just see how it goes tomorrow and if you then experience any further problems just let us know

Chris

Message 73 of 78

This Thursday, the 28th of April. I apologize I should of specified.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Message 74 of 78

OK thanks Nathan, is that tomorrow or next Thursday?

Chris

Message 75 of 78

Hi Chris! I'm really sorry I didn't reply straight away. I'm fairly new to this site and didn't know how to reply properly until now.

The engineer is booked for Thursday.

Yesterday however right before I went to sleep something pretty awful happened. The internet speed was pretty good yesterday all things considered. However the router would go off occasionally every couple of hours.

Our WiFi speed on our router has now dropped to 48MB which isn't good considering we have fibre 65

Screenshot_2022-04-27-08-03-26-131_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's been a consistent 72mb download speed for months before it started to slowly disconnect during the night, now it does it every couple of hours.

Not only that but our phone won't receive calls ever since we switched to talk talk and two engineers haven't been able to fix the issue.

I'm honestly very tired of all this as we are a busy family and need fast speeds as I need to do large file transfers on my computer due to being interested in indie game development.

Overall the service has been frustrating massively.

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Nathan Gray
Participant
Private Message
Message 76 of 78

The engineer is booked Thursday.

Sadly yesterday it lost connection once again right before I was going to sleep before 3 in the morning.

Its speed has dropped on my router from 70.58 MB to 48MB

Nathan Gray
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 77 of 78

Hi Nathan,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing but I can see that there have been a lot of reconnections. When is the engineer booked for?

Chris