cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Work VPN unable to connect

Whatever1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Work laptop/VPN unable to connect as of 15/06/22.  Previously worked fine.

Router logs show DNS name resolution failure.

Other posts cite firmware version SG4K100136 as possible cause?

Can you advise?

Thanks.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi @Debbie41

I will take a look at your topic on the Community now.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

@Debbie41, the support team here will be able to help on the new topic that you have created

Debbie41
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

I am having the same problem, they have sent me a new router which looks like exactly the same one I already have. Changed it over and still can not connect. Mentioned firmware to the guy the other day but he said it was definitely my router!! 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi

Just an FYi for you, and please pass this to your ICT section, there is an identified issue with version 136 firmware for the Sagemcom router affecting some VPN connections. Changing the firmware resolves this.

A future firmware will fully resolve this in time.  If any of your colleagues have an issue with VPN and are using a sagemcom router running version 136 firmware, please direct them to our community and we will help quickly.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Whatever1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Final update, in case it helps others.  Our ICT section are now saying the issue was with the corporate filewall manufacturer, and whatever it was, it was that, that was preventing employees who use Talk Talk as their ISP, from connecting over the work VPN.   In this case it appears the router firmware change was not the answer (the prompt response from Talk Talk was much appreciated, however).

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Glad VPN is working.  I've sent you a PM about our interaction today.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Whatever1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the promt response.  Good news.  The VPN is connecting again. 

Thank you for your help with this.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi @Whatever1

i've updated the firmware now, please test the VPN and let me know if it connects.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Whatever1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Michelle - thanks for getting back to me.  Now would be the best time.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. We can make a change to the router firmware. This will take about 20 minutes to complete and the router can't be re-booted/switched off during this time. When would be the best time to do this?

Thanks

0 Likes