cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

house move

harvey7
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I will be moving house on the 4th May but the earliest Talk Talk can change my service to the new house is the 10th May.

They say an engineer has to visit, but why?

My new home already has a phone line so surely all they have to do is switch on the line to 'live'
Cant this be done on the day I move?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

An engineer visit will still need to be booked to complete external work, to connect you to our network. As such, the next available engineer date will be provided inline with our engineer policy. 

Apologies, Jo

0 Likes

harvey7
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Jo

we haven't actually booked a slot yet but just wondering why we need an engineer to visit when the new property already has a working phone line?

In moving house before, we have never had an engineer out?

Before I have just informed you when I am going to move and you give me the date when my line is 'live' in my name/account.

A family member has just moved house and didn't require an engineer?

Why cant I just connect my router and phone to the socket once I move?

Thank you

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi harvey7,

We're unable to change the date of your activation as this will have been arranged for the earliest available timeslot, in line with our engineer availability.

Most work is carried out by the engineer at your local exchange, but in some circumstances, the engineer may require access to the property to complete the installation. 

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes