cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

refusing to replce router

julian5000
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

In August 2019 I was supplied a super router, this was part of a complaint process.

The supplied router stopped working  on the 18th of November 2022.

I spent two hours on the phone to your “technical support” they could not understand that the router was non functional so we went through the scripted process, not once but twice as the first call terminated before the end, at the end of the call I was told I could not have a new router.

I raised a complaint.

I was today contacted by the complaint department, the lady confirmed that as I have a router that works I cant have a new one (the router I have is old and only operates on 2.4).

The lady I spoke to then proceeded to argue that as I said it was broken it must be physically broken, I was very short with her as she obviously had no idea that broken means non functional as well as physically damaged.

To confirm I renewed my contract with talktalk in 2019 due to the offer of a new router.

This router is broken, you cannot connect to it via Ethernet and ip address, it is not visible on multiple devices via wifi.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Julian

Apologies, we ask for the faulty router to be returned once the new router has been received and tested.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

Yes thank you.

Talktalk  are asking me to return a router covered by term 7.2(a) and threatening a fifty pound charge if i dont comply.

7.2 All such necessary equipment will be owned by us apart from the following equipment which
you will own:

(a) any router, mesh networking device, set top box and/or digital voice adapter that we
send you as part of a new service with us;

According to the terms i own the latest faulty router and you own its replacement, however i have returned it.

The older router was supplied as part of a new contract/service and is therefore owned by me, i do not wish to return this as i would have been without a connection without it.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Julian

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Julian

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

I will also feedback in regards to the issues you experienced reporting this fault. Did you contact the team on Live Chat or by phone?

0 Likes

julian5000
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi

Thanks for prompt response, i have updated my details

Julian

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Julian

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes