cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

wifi dropping

Haylesbob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I am having lots of trouble with my Wi-Fi connection dropping. I recently upgraded to fiber65 and the issue has been since then. My router is model DSL-3782. I am a complete novice when it comes to computers and settings so I am totally unsure how to fix this problem. I have rang your customer service many times with no avail. I have run service tests and the speed to my router is 30mbps and speed to device is 10mbps and it says I should be having guaranteed download speed of 55mbps. I really need some help with this please.

kind regards

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Haylesbob

Ahh thank you. You too 🙂

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Haylesbob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Thank you very much. Fingers crossed this works. Have a lovely Christmas 🙂

Message 3 of 10

Hi Haylesbob

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

This will connect on its own, you will just need to use the new wireless password from the back of the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Haylesbob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Yes please. Do you think it is a problem with the router? If I am not getting the guaranteed download speed on the new router what will be my options? 

on a side not if my router is constantly asking me to authenticate by signing in is this a settings problem? Will the new router come with new settings and will this adjust automatically?

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Haylesbob

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Haylesbob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Thank you. I have now done this.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi Haylesbob

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Haylesbob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

I have not connected to the wired so i am unsure. It is a problem with the Wi-Fi to all the devices. It will suddenly stop working. or it will be too slow when streaming and will be buffering for a long time until I restart the router. It says I have a guaranteed download speed of 55mbps but for the last week it has been below 30.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is it just the wireless which is affected? Are the speeds and stability ok if you connect wired?

Thanks