cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Blocked verification email

11 REPLIES 11
Participant

I have a verification email blocked by talktalk. It is for a service called echo which delivers prescriptions. How can I unblock so that I can use the service please

Community Star

Hi @mlucioli 

I doubt that TalkTalk would network block something like that. Unlikely to have a spam fingerprint.

Have you checked in TalkTalk Mail that there are no Filter rules or Auto forward active?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Star

...and I've just checked that there is no network blocking of the verification email from noreply@echo.co.uk

Echo verify your email

So, please let us know what you discovered.

Participant
How do I check for these things.
Community Star

Hi @mlucioli 

To check your mail messages aren't being diverted by an Auto forward or Filter rule.

Go to the TalkTalk Mail Settings.

Auto Forward Enable.png

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail and then:

• Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon or cog icon for mobile)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow icon alongside Mail, side panel (or Email)
  • Under Mail in the side panel, select Auto Forward
  • In the Auto Forward pane
    Clear the Enable tick-box (if set)
  • Also check and disable any Filter rules1
    Filter rules is the option on the side panel below Auto forward
    Disable or delete any Filter rules

Also worth a check for mail messages that may have been sent to the Trash folder or to the Spam folder.  But by making sure there's no active Auto forward or Filter rule in play then mail messages should arrive in the Inbox.

1. Filter rules are only seen in the desktop browser version of TalkTalk Mail

Participant

Tried to find this page but was unsuccessful. Tried searching desktop talktalk. Please advise

Community Star

Hi @mlucioli 

What device are you using to sign in to TalkTalk Mail?  Is it a laptop / notebook / desktop computer or a mobile device like phone or tablet?

Open the Chrome Internet browser and click here to sign in to TalkTalk Mail.

If it's a mobile device then select the triple dots top right - that's the browser settings. Scroll down and select Desktop site

Then follow the guidance in post 5.

Participant
I'm using my phone so I will try to follow your steps on my laptop. I will update you. Thank you for your help
Participant

The other fact is I am receiving emails from echo it's just the verification email I am unable to receive 

Community Star

Hi mlucioli 

See post 3 for the verification email from noreply@echo.co.uk that I received to a TalkTalk mailbox to definitely prove there's no network filtering.

If you're receiving other mail from echo does that not suggest your mailbox is already verified?

They will only send a verification mail once.  Change your email address with them and they'll send a verification email to the new address.

Check all folders including Trash and use the search feature in TalkTalk Mail as that's really powerful. Select each folder in turn and enter in the search box Verify your

Participant

Still haven't been able to find the verification  email!

Participant

Thank you for your assistance.  I could not verify through talktalk. As you suggested I used a different email address and it worked straightaway . 

Still dont know why it didn't work on talktalk but I got there in the end.