cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not receiving emails on any device

Davido2112
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi Folks, Merry Christmas to you all.

Here's my issue, I've not been receiving new emails since Monday 25th, I can send them, and they do get delivered, but I've had nothing in my inbox since then, even replies to the messages I sent.

I've been trying to receive emails on my Win 11 PC, my Chromebook and my Android mobile, they all stopped getting emails on the same day, FYI, my wifes TT email is working fine on several devices, so, I doubt its an issue with my hardware, the eero router etc, I've even set up MS Outlook with the TT mail settings, and that doesn't work either, but I do get the older emails up to Sunday 24th.

I did a web chat earlier with Peter, he attempted to sort it out, but at the end all I got from him was a "Supermail" to my Gmail a/c suggesting what to do if you couldn't get onto websites etc, and nothing to help with my issue, totally useless message actually.

Are there any other users that have had the same issue here, and did you manage to get it resolved?, if so, how did it get fixed?

Thank you for any helpful input.

All the best

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I've had confirmation that this issue should now be behind us. Please let me know if you are still being advised that mail cannot be sent due to TT992 errors. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

davehuddart
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Gondola, a reputable company I have had dealings with recently are having their e-mails to me rejected - a message says " There's a problem with the recipients mailbox, please try resending the message, if the problem continues contact your email admin",

I was temporarily suspended from sending emails by talktalk after I sent four in quick succession! but that shouldn't have affected it should it? I am receiving emails from my other contacts.

I have tried my spam box and also cannot find a filter rule that should affect it (I have had lots of spam in the last months and have set up at least 30 filter rules.)

How can I check if the company emails are blocked?

Cheers

Dave

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Excellent news.

Looks like you're getting spammed. The TalkTalk recommendation is to sign in to your online mailbox and simply select the unsolicited mail message and from the toolbar select Mark as spam. This action will move the message to the Spam folder and at the same time notify the TalkTalk sender intelligence engine to fingerprint the content as unsolicited spam.

You'll see a gradual reduction in such spam.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola, thank you for your suggestions, they worked, not sure which one did it, but I'm getting my emails again 😁👍👍

I'm suspicious of the weird emails I'm getting atm, all from outlook.com, with unusual content such as claiming an Argos voucher etc, I didn't click on any attachments, but is there a way to block all emails from outlook.com, as I'd like to do that for all future dodgy messages?

Once again, thank you so much for your help with this issue.

Best regards

David

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi David

It's possible that your mailbox password has been compromised and that an unauthorised auto forward or other filter rule has been set up to divert your mail messages.

So, the first thing is to scan your devices to remove any password loggers left by viruses, trojans or other malware.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
      • Select the All settings menu item
      • Select Mail from the left side of the modal that opens
        scroll down to Rules and expand that section
        If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
      • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
        select the X icon to the right of the rule
        The icon background will turn red
      • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
        Select the blue Delete button

Let us know what you find. There's also a Security option to identify unauthorised devices signed in to your mailbox. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution