cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I am an old pipex customer. How about letting me log in and change my own passwords

7 REPLIES 7
Conversation Starter

After talk talk took over pipex at first I was able to log in and change my own email passwords.

We can no longer do that. We pay the same as the new talk talk customers so why do people with pipex email addresses have such a raw deal compared to the talk talk email addresses?

It isn't hard to do. I make websites for a living, and there is no reason why you can't get a page set up for older pipex users to change their own passwords.

If talk talk emails can be changed on the page, but pipex emails can't. Can you give me a reduction in my bill for being a second class customer.

Asimov
Community Star

Hi @asimov500 

TalkTalk is upgrading all legacy mailboxes to the new TalkTalk Mail platform.  When that happens please do follow the instructions to set up Reset details so you do have the ability to change password or recover your mailbox.

As you're a TalkTalk broadband customer you know that your TalkTalk Mail service is free. You can create up to 5 talktalk.net mailboxes.  But remember that if you wish to upgrade the pipex mailbox to leave a spare slot in the 5 available in your MyAccount unless you've already added the additional (pipex) mailbox to MyAccount.

If you wish to change the pipex password then you're not missing out on that ability just that TalkTalk will need to authorise that for you at the moment. Let us know if you require the password changed.

Just check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and add the pipex email address to Private notes and save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi asimov500, I've sent you a personal message if you reply this morning I'll have you reset with a new password today. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Conversation Starter

Hi OCE_Ady,

This is the problem that I need to have someone reset my password. I don't actually want to change my password at the moment, but I want the ability to change my own passwords when I want. I have used the internet for many years and I have always had the choice to log in when I want and change my own password. I was able to do this with btinternet, and then pipex, and now I cannot do this. It is not the1990's now and I should be able to do something as simple as changing my own password.

So if you did reset my password I would not have any choice about what password I want it reset to. I have many aliases set up and I want the ability to change these when I want. The same ability that the new talk talk customers have.

Also if you reset my password, what are you going to reset it to? I mean I am trusting somebody at talk talk who could actually write down my passwords and read all my mail. I don't think that is a very secure way of handling the situation. I am not saying you would do that, but I don't think it is a very good way to handle a customer.

regards

Thomas

Asimov
Conversation Starter

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply, but I remember you saying something very similar over a year ago. When is the pipex email situation going to be sorted out. I want to be able to change my own passwords when I want. I work in the IT industry. I write webpages. I could make a page to change a password in about an hour using mysqli, PDO or microsoft web services. So what is the problem?

regards

Thomas

Asimov
Community Star

Hi asimov500 

Noted that you don't wish to change password(s) right now.

TalkTalk resources are focused on preparing the pipex platform's mailboxes for migration to the TalkTalk Mail platform. Over the last year you'll have seen pipex mail users almost universally express a keen desire to see the migration and upgrade to TalkTalk Mail features completed. 

You'll receive a couple of emails from TalkTalk to each pipex mailbox in the week or so prior to each mailbox upgrade as explained in Upgrading to the new TalkTalk Mail.

Your wish to log in and change password will be granted as part of the upgrade. The emails from TalkTalk will guide you to setting up Reset details - an alternative email address and a mobile 'phone number - to receive the password reset link or code to change the password and or recover access to the mailbox.  It is an important part of password security to set up Reset details and update them when necessary.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Conversation Starter

Thanks for the reply Gondola. I first made this complaint in 2018 and now it is 2019. It seems to be taking a very long time. I will however wait a few weeks to see if I get any emails on this subject.

Will the email address actually change, as I am signed up to a lot of forums with my current email address?

Asimov
Community Star

Yes, I agree, the waiting time is long.  The initial public previews of TalkTalk Mail were in December 2017. All the legacy mail users will be upgraded and will continue to use the email address as now.

The following domains exist in the MyAccount system ready to add an additional email address:

talktalk.net
tiscali.co.uk
lineone.net
screaming.net
tinyworld.co.uk
tinyonline.co.uk
ukgateway.net
worldonline.co.uk
pipex.com
toucansurf.com
homecall.co.uk
homechoice.co.uk