would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Registering email addresses

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
JohnFielder1
Wizz Kid

I had this email. It will not let me delete unwanted emails or add my tiscali.co.uk email. It just says something went wrong and try later. This has been for a week

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi John

I've escalated a request for you to get authorisation for removal of the unused email addresses so that you'll have space to add and manage up to a total of 5 active mailboxes in your MyAccount including your tiscali mailbox.

The likely reason you're not able to remove unwanted email addresses from MyAccount is because they're not showing on the active database and therefore MyAccount doesn't find them for the Delete process to work. 

If you have a spare space in the 5 allowed in MyAccount but you're finding that the tiscali mailbox, although active, isn't adding to your MyAccount it's probably because that tiscali email address is already linked to a former MyAccount. It'll need detaching from that former MyAccount before you'll be able to add it to one of the 5 slots for mailbox management in MyAccount.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location).

Then scroll down to Private notes to clearly note the email address(es) for removal and mailbox address(es) you want to add to MyAccount with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details and authorise removal of the unwanted addresses.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
JohnFielder1
Wizz Kid

Lists of emails to delete, keep and add in Private Notes now.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Excellent, John.

I expect you know that the TalkTalk OCE's don't normally pick up these requests in their workflow until Monday morning. Expect a reply from an OCE from Monday onwards.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JohnFielder1, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information I need to raise an escalation to have this sorted for you. 

Ady

Highlighted
JohnFielder1
Wizz Kid

No messages arrived

Highlighted
JohnFielder1
Wizz Kid

Has anything happened on this? I have had no messages

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi John

If there's a Private Message waiting it'll be by selecting the envelope icon top right of this Community page just below your avatar when signed in to Community.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JohnFielder1, as per the other topic I've raised the escalation for you. There's quite a queue waiting to be done so it can take a while for them to be done, but they will be done. 

Ady

Highlighted
Chris113
Chatterbox
I have the same problem as described in this thread.
I think I need the same solution as described by Gondola.

I have added all the relevant information in my Personal Notes.
Please check and take action as appropriate, thank you.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Chris113, please start your own topic so that we can keep track of your issue. In the meantime I've sent you a Personal Message to obtain all the necessary information. 

Ady

Highlighted
JohnFielder1
Wizz Kid

I GOT AN EMAIL TODAY SAYING MY obscured for customer security EMAIL COULD BE LIMITED FROM TODAY. I USE THIS EMAIL EVERY DAY. IT NEEDS SORTING NOW

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi JohnFielder1 

I've alerted OCE_Ady that you've received a mail message about the tiscali email being restricted to webmail only. This means you'll be able to access the mailbox via the TalkTalk Mail sign in

Did the unwanted mailboxes get removed from your MyAccount to allow you to add the wanted tiscali mailbox?  If the tiscali mailbox is not yet added to your MyAccount then that's the reason you got the email notification.

Managing your email in My Account has advice and the section to look at is Email not showing in My Account.

Highlighted
JohnFielder1
Wizz Kid

The unwanted email addresses are still there and it will not let me delete them. I tried again this morning.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi John

Thanks for confirming. I'm sure Ady will now push for those addresses to be cleared to allow your wanted mailbox.

Highlighted
Community Team

I've reraised the escalation for you and my colleague will be working it this afternoon.

Ady