Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

help trying to get password sorted

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi 

I am trying to sent up a new pc and have managed to get my other talktalk email account working fine but when I go to do the 2nd one it comes up with password error ,, ok so i come to talktalk page and ask to change password do as instructed then go and try and use the new password but nope no luck I am pulling my hair out..... plus unlike the old talktalk mail I can't seem to find out how to switch mail accounts to even try and get to retrieve it using this HELP please.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @pjt1964 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer? You have a MyAccount? Is the email address listed in the MyAccount, My Mailboxes? What's the end part of the email address after the @ - for example is it talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk ?

Managing your email in My Account 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Yes I am a talktalk customer and yes to to my account and it is listed in my Account mailbox..

It ends with @talktalk.net

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @pjt1964 

Unless your mail box has been locked because of suspicious activity or the password has been changed you should be able to change the password by signing in to your MyAccount and following the guide in the help article Managing your email in My Account in the section Change your password.

There are points to note:

• You must know the existing password
  • The new password must be strong, I recommend 12-15 characters
  • Should use multicase letters, numbers and one special character
  • You cannot reuse a password previously used password
  • Takes up to 5 minutes to take effect

If you do not know the existing password then use the Forgotten your Password option. If there's Reset details set up - an alternate email address or mobile number that can be selected - that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If there are no Reset details set up as recovery options or they're not recognised then let me know and I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @pjt1964 did you manage to get this sorted?

SimonB