cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Account password not recognised

Julie1001
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

My email stopped syncing at 10.45 am today, I am being asked to enter my password,  when I do so, I am told my password is incorrect/not recognised. 

I have tried to reset my password in my account, but it seems the password problem is reflected on the account too. 

I have not been able to reset the password as I cannot access my email account to obtain a code. 

Please advise, or reset my account as necessary.  Thank you.  

I am able to access my account using my mobile as ID.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

If your mobile number is set as an email password recovery option then the Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up at least one password recovery option, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hint, then you can send your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

When you've reset the password and got signed in then select the user avatar top right and you'll see Update your Reset details is a menu item. Add an active email address for password recovery.

Then select the cog icon, select All settings and then Security in the left pane (desktop browser) and Sign out of all your devices. This is to make sure than no unauthorised devices are connected to your mailbox. If you do see an unauthorised device listed then select Mail in the left pane and scroll down to Rules and delete all rules present. This is to ensure nothing has been set up to spy on your emails.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution