cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Authentication failures - for a while.... One one account only

gmlack
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

An oddity to report....

Yesterday one of my email accounts was failing to authenticate from 08:30 to 10:47.

Then it was OK.

Until today, when it again failed from 11:04 until 12:16.

Now it is OK again.

My other accounts were all working at these times, and have had no recent problems.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Please add the affected email address to private notes or send me a pm with it and I'll ask the email admins to check on this for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

It happened again (twice) yesterday (I thought I'd posted that, but it doesn't seem to be here).

I've turned on verbose logging for my fetchmail process, so will see what it comes up with next time it happens.

It's not my main email account, so the breaks aren't all that much of an issue, but they are odd and I just wonder if they are indicative of a problem somewhere that might have other effects.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Morning,

Is this still happening since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

And there are no other connection issues with the internet? 

Everything else is OK. The only issue is this occasional authorization failure on one account.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

And there are no other connection issues with the internet? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Happened again today from 13:24 until 14:46.

Same account with the issue, whilst all the other 3 were OK.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Authorization back at 20:19.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

It's occurring again now.

Three accounts are authorizing OK. One is not. (Started around 19:00)

If I try to login to the TalkTalk WebMail interface for this account it just hangs for several minutes, then reports

Error

Some mandatory configuration could not be loaded.
(namespace)

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi gmlack, if this keeps occurring please let us know. 

Ady

0 Likes