cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Authentication service on the blink again?

gmlack
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

It looks like the TalkTalk Authentication service is struggling (again!).

The process I have to login and fetch my emails (for 4 accounts) started to get intermittent failures fro IMAP connexions from 22:22 this evening, and it's still happening.

Sometimes it does manage to get through, sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes all 4 fail (it tries them serially), other times some make it whilst the other do not.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thanks for letting us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

gmlack
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Seems to be OK again now.

The last error was reported at 00:57 this morning.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

If your service still giving errors? We did/do have an issue with latency on the mail platform being investigated by the mail provider OX. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

gmlack
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

My log contains several lines like this:

fetchmail: Received BYE response from IMAP server:  INTERNAL ERROR OCCURRED. REFER TO SERVER LOG FOR MORE INFORMATION.

That's the response from TalkTalk's IMAP server, so the problem will (or may) be in the TalkTalk IMAP server logs.

0 Likes