cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

B&Q email

dtws11
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 2 of 2

Hi, I am no longer receiving emails from B&Q. Their email address is club@info.diy.com.

My email address is *removed for security*. I have contacted them and I am ticked to receive emails but they said I don’t have them selected as a safe sender. I have no idea how to do this or that it was even possible. Can you help please. 

David Sawkins 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Yes, B&Q do say that because that's what their FAQ say you should do although they have no way of telling what you have set up. TalkTalk Mail has no 'safe sender' list; no 'whitelist' either. Safe sender lists are useful if mail is not fully authenticated and gets dumped into the Spam folder which is therefore the first place to look.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.  That's to check normal working.

B&Q Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

If there are any Filter rules then Delete them all.

Let us know of any error message, or if self-sent mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox.

If your mailbox is working normally and there are no filter rules then TalkTalk will need to know the date and time of the last mail sent from B&Q but it has to be in the 7 days prior to TalkTalk making a check.

I'm sure we've has this enquiry before and like many others it may just be that B&Q think they're sending mail but they don't see that their mail service provider has suppressed sending because of some issue in getting mail delivered to your mailbox. B&Q do have a good reputation (i.e. not on blacklists) and a strict DMARC pollicy to reject unauthenticated mail (which protects against spam).

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution