cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Pegasus Mail Settings

Philip134
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 4 of 4

Pegasus Mail Settings

Seem to be no posts about Pegasus Mail settings following the security changes at the end of February 2023.

The settings that have worked for me are in the screen shots in the attachment.

Not sure that the SMTP authentication option is still needed.  I haven’t tried removing this.

If a rejected send has error  Authentication Credentials Invalid (TT300) then it is the fourth box that you need.

Using server port 110 for mail still seems to work.  I haven’t tried changing it to 993.

Moderator note:  Confused account setup suggestion!
NB
Port 110 is POP3 insecure  Port 995 is POP3 secure

Port 143 is IMAP insecure  Port 993 is IMAP secure

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Excellent and good to know that the recommended POP3 secure settings work well with Pegasus Mail. Thanks very much for testing those as it'll be useful for others.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Philip134
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Following the comments above, here are the settings that work.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I suggest you remove your attachment and redact the email address before adding. For your security and to prevent spam.

The incoming POP3 mail server will support the POP3 STLS command but that starts off an insecure session via Port 110 and therefore there is still the same risk that mail can be intercepted prior to going secure or if the secure negotiation fails.

So, use port 995 and start the session securely using SSL/TLS implicit TLS security via Direct SSL connect.

Outgoing mail does require authentication by plain password so use Login to the SMTP server using the following details: Username - full pipex email address and Password - pipex email password.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution