cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Blocked emails

Steve’D
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Still unable to get emails on phone using iPhone 11 and IOS 16.3. Keep getting “no password for Talktalk” error message. Using message app on phone. Does Talktalk have to unblock the email address at their end? If not how do I fix this as I have tried multiple times with the settings Talktalk have said. PS I can access webmail no problems. 
thanks. 

Stephen
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

That's great Steve, thanks for posting back to let us know its sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 21

Thanks Ady. All up and running now. Steve. 

Stephen

Message 3 of 21

Hi Steve'D, your mailbox will be working again later today. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 21

Hi Steve’D 

Due to staff availability issues there's a hiatus or delay in getting mailbox access restored. So the mailbox will not authenticate a connection until full access is back.

I'd suggest try later on Friday afternoon.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 21

Hi Ady

looks like things are up and running but get this when trying to set things up. Password is correct but when trying to verify the initial page I get this. If you bypass this and keep going you get the same message. Even when you search for mail same error message appears. Help. 

36D8E396-1F43-41D0-8D72-4E9493B26FEC.png

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

I will but I suspect you'll see before I'm notified. 

Ady

Message 7 of 21

Hi Ady

will you let me know when things are sorted ? 

Stephen

Message 8 of 21

Hi Steve'D, I've added both email addresses to the process to be returned to full function.

Ady

Steve’D
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 21

Thanks. 

Stephen

Message 10 of 21

Just to confirm that I have asked TalkTalk Support to restore full access to all email addresses in your MyAccount and listed in your Private Notes in your Community Profile. I hope there's no need for you to start a new request. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi no she has not set these up as having the same issue as I am. Do we have to start from scratch for her or is there an easier way? Fingers crossed. 

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Assuming she has created a TalkTalk email address, setup an IMAP account or if it's already set up then the Username email address and email password are hers. All other settings for incoming and outgoing server settings are exactly as on your iPhone 11.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi

my wife has her own iPhone 11. She will want her e mails onto that device please. 

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

No worries.

Select here: Update your profile

Scroll down to Private notes to add all the family email addresses you need to have access for on multiple devices and save changes.

Support will make sure all have full access.

OR, are you asking about setting up a particular device that your wife uses.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi  Thanks for this but how do I get my wife’s access set up ? 
sorry for being a pain. 

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Perfect. You're all set for secure mail on that device now. The request for access to be restored is in and you'll be good from here on.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and you'll find access is back, normally within a day of that response.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi sorry. Thanks for deleting my email address. Not too tech minded. Is this what you are after. Again thanks for your help. 

AD90BEBF-1ADE-41D2-9379-A41F3AD19534.jpeg

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi Steve’D 

I've removed one image and moved all images to your Community hidden images folder. This for your security.

I've not seen the Advanced screen that shows the outgoing server settings. But so far, the settings are perfect and if the outgoing server settings are also ready for secure access then TalkTalk can restore full access to the mailbox for you.

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 19 of 21

189E151A-F029-48AF-A481-77F0F711F6FD.jpeg

F855A448-D7C7-41CE-BD48-BBF793B82860.png

 hope these are correct for you. I only access mail via iPhone. 
thank you for your help. 

Stephen
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

Good to see webmail is working.

The mailbox will have been limited to webmail only as a last resort to stop connections using insecure settings. TalkTalk will need to verify your personal data via a Community Private Message before restoring IMAP access.

Please confirm the incoming and outgoing server settings you are now using. Take a screenshot. Image edit to obscure the first part of the email address. Upload here using the picture icon above this Reply area.

Is the iPhone the only way you view your TalkTalk Mail messages? Any connection not using secure settings will have caused limiting to webmail only.

0 Likes