cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali Email Access Blocked

Townehouse
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I am unable to access my old Tiscali email apart from on the web app. I ignored the security email thinking it was phishing.

I have tried using Outlook for android but it looks like I am locked out. Please can someone restore my access please.

thanks in advance 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Townehouse, you should have full mail function again later today.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

I've requested that access is restored and that'll happen next week.

The Gmail app on Android is very easy to set up for secure mail and I'll provide settings below. The app won't authenticate until TalkTalk do restore access though. The settings are good for any TalkTalk Mail domain.

What device are you using for the Apple Mail? Some Apple devices were slow to adopt TLS 1.2 encryption so may not even support secure mail. If any of those devices are used then that could trigger a withdrawal of IMAP access.

Gmail app

Select the cog icon Settings, select the TalkTalk email account, scroll down to Server settings

Incoming settings

Username: Full TalkTalk email address

Password: TalkTalk email password

Server: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993

Security Type: SSL/TLS

Outgoing settings

Require sign-in: ON (switch to the right)

Username: Full TalkTalk email address

Password: TalkTalk email password

SMTP server: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Security type: STARTTLS

When TalkTalk restore IMAP access then those settings will be verified as good.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Townehouse
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I had been using Gmail on Android and the mail app on Apple. I will get my son in law to help set it up correctly in Outlook for Android and use the necessary SSL settings.

Ultimately I will migrate my email away to a Gmail account but need access to be able to do that.

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi Townehouse 

Yes, you'll have had IMAP access withdrawn by TalkTalk because of continued use of insecure settings on whatever email collection method(s) you were previously using. It's a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure access to TalkTalk Mail.

Interestingly, Outlook for Android is a good choice because that is one piece of software that only supports secure mail by default. But the reason it doesn't work right now is because you chose that after the IMAP access was withdrawn so it will not authenticate a connection.

What other methods of access have you been using? We need to get you to update settings to IMAP secure for all mail collection methods and devices. Device, Operating System, Email Software version. Asking because some devices and softwares do not support secure mail to the required TLS 1.2 encryption standard required for TalkTalk Mail.

I can request full access is restored if we know you will only use secure mail settings from now on. If you need help I'll provide guides and can validate your screenshots of incoming and outgoing server settings. Do obscure the first part of your tiscali email address in any screenshots. I've obscured the address you posted.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes