cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Bluemail

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hi all, I have purchased a new android smart phone. For many years I have used Bluemail for talktalk email, however I can't get the app to give notification of incoming messages (I get the messages) I have played with the app settings and the phone settings, I have deleted the app, restarted it and then re load the app again, all to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a reliable alternative?

I hope someone can save my sanity!

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Perfect. I appreciate hearing of your success and good to know that you are back in action. Enjoy the day.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

Hi Gondola, It's surprising what someone who knows what they are talking about and several cups of tea can do!

Installed TypeApp this morning and after a little bit of setting up my, emails on my phone are working.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 19

BlueMail on your new phone clearly didn't have notifications enabled. Hence why nothing happening as regards notifications.

But when you set up TypeApp I just have one heads up reminder and that is not to expect notifications if the email app is open. i.e. you'll see the arrival of email in the app. But when the app is not open, just running in the background, then you'll get notifications when new email is fetched from the server on its background schedule.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

OK, relax with a cup of tea like me! Let me know how you get on and I'll still be here to help if I can.

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 19

Thanks that, I will have a look tomorrow.

Message 6 of 19

OK, that's confirmed TypeApp is a recommended alternative. You'll see its design is almost identical to BlueMail.

When first setting up you will see that for push notification to work you'll need to enable those notifications and disable battery optimisation so that TypeApp runs in the background.

I've tested and proved that I can get a notification in the status bar top of screen and an audible alert. Also working via the Windows link notifications to the notebook. So all should be ok.

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 19

Thanks for taking time it is appreciated.

Message 8 of 19

I see there is an issue with BlueMail Notifications and an Android feature so maybe that's the problem.

I've just uninstalled BlueMail and am in the process of installing TypeApp which is a comparable product. I'll let you know when I've set that up. It is an app I've recommended in the past but not used it recently so I just wish to make sure it's a performer!

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 19

Sorry Gondola, getting a bit stressed, could do with the phone working, before I open it it says 0 notification, but when I open it all are ticked not grey.

I am thinking it may be the phone, can you recommend an alternative? I could do without a 40 mile round trip to take it back.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

How can there be no BlueMail app? You showed me a screenshot!

Anyway, when you find it, have a look at BlueMail advice about Notifications because there are a lot of conflicts and settings that can impact on Notifications. https://bluemail.help/category/notification-settings

0 Likes

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

No Bluemail?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Go to the phone's Settings icon, Scroll to App management, Tap, Select App list and scroll to BlueMail, Tap, Select Manage Notifications. What do you see there?

0 Likes

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

Blue mail is not actually there?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Go to the phone's Settings icon, Scroll to Notification and status bar, Tap, Select Manage notifications, Scroll to BlueMail and see if that is switched to on, i.e. switch is bright green not grey.

0 Likes

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Hi Gondola, tried it but nothing happens.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

The red message says Notifications are off. Tap to enable.

0 Likes

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Screenshot_20230810-140816.png

 A bit of a poor image but this is it.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

I've BlueMail set up on Android 11 and notifications are linked to my notebook via the Link to Windows app. All works well.

I have Notifications in BlueMail set to make a sound when email arrives. Notifications must also be Allowed in Android. The link to Windows app also comes up with a notification of the email arrival. So that's working as well.

I'm confident that with the right settings then BlueMail will provide you with notifications.

Select the BlueMail app and the triple horizontal open dots bottom right and select Notifications and screenshot what you see there.

0 Likes