cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't Send Emails

CarlClarke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

Hi There,

I tried talking to a TalkTalk advisor, but they were unable to help me and said I had to come here and announce my woes in public - which I'm reluctant to do.

Due to the recent changes to TalkTalk servers and email security, I can no longer send emails. I use Windows Live Mail and I've had no problems using for the last ten years or so. Now, as said, I can't send mail. I can receive mail, but not send it. I have a legacy email address from the days of Nildram (.gotadsl)

Carl Clarke

I've updated all the necessary ports and I'm reaching the server, but I'm getting an error message that my email isn't being recognised. My understanding is that my email address isn't registered in the new system and so even with the new settings, the email isn't being verified by your security.

I need this working by tomorrow as I need to activate a link in an email I received to verify my email address. I only have tomorrow to do this. I've been speaking to TalkTalk about this for several weeks now and it's only today that an agent redirected me to this website.

Thankyou

34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

I provided your details. They can't see a TT residential account though. Only they ever had access to Nildram Gotadsl accounts though. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

Thanks Ady.

The trouble is they're outright saying they can't find my email address registered with them. And of couirse they haven't - because I'm not a Talk Talk Business customer, I'm a Talk Talk Domestic customer - and always have been. The gotadsl email was given to me when I first signed up with Nildram and was taken over by Talk Talk when they took the latter over.

There must be something that can be done here. I've just been told my 'complaint' will be closed as they can't find my details. Can't Talk Talk Domestic GIVE them my details. This is a prime example, surely, of something that the two wings of Talk Talk should becooperating on? I'm getting so annoyed by all this, I'm thinking of leaving Talk Talk period. I'm just being given the runaround by both departments, with one wing saying Talk Talk Business has all my details - and the other wing claiming they can't locate them (which probably means they've been deleted). And yet ... if they HAVE been deleted, how is it I can still receieve emails? They keep ignoring this point and refuse to debate it. As IO understand it, if I can receive emails, then my details MUST be on their server?

This should be a simple matter, but it's fast becoming the Fourteenth Labour of Hercules.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Hi Carl, I'm not aware of any of their customer facing contact but it will be on their website. Look for the complaints process which they will have on their site. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Hi Ady,

Thank you.

They seem to be blatantly ignoring my emails to them now, so it does look as if I'll have to make a formal complaint.

Is there an email address I can use to do this?

Thanks in Advance

Carl

0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

Hi CarlClarke, I've referred this to our contact in TalkTalk Business. We have no access to TTB accounts and have never had access or control over the GOTADSL addresses. If the business team bounce this back you'll need to make a formal complete with the business team. 

Ady

Message 6 of 35

Thank You.

Message 7 of 35

I have re-escalated this to the support team here, but that's as much as I can do. 

Message 8 of 35

Talk Talk Business have sent me back here. I have been talking to Talk Talk Busness for several weeks now - and today they sent me back to Talk Talk Residential.

So, tell me - if Talk Talk Business can't help and Talk Talk Residential can't help ... who can help?

Is there a third wing of Talk Talk? Talk Talk Middle-of-the-Road?

The fact is Talk Talk Business say they can't find my details. Talk Talk Residential say my details must be with Talk Talk Business. I can still receive emails, so my details must be on the servers somewhere.

As this is clearly a case of my being sent from one division of Talk Talk like a Yo Yo on an eternal string, doesn't it make sense for you to work together on this? Why divide into two separate camps, anyway? It's clearlky not a very effective way to dealk wit a problem (as my own problem indicates only too succinctly). I have told Tal Talk Business everything related to me on this thread (which you dismisisvely remind me of in your post) and they STILL send me back here.

They say: "We are a business department and it seem that you belong to residential department. I think you need to contact residential to assist you further. Please contact them directly, see contact lists below. I really do apologise for this. "

The fact is, they don't seem to know what they're doing and I can only do so much, as they can keep saying: 'You're a residential customer' - and as this is true, there's not much I can do my end. Talk Talk Residential need to intervene on my behalf and liase with them, providing any 'security' details they need. Or someone needs to tell them what they can do to fix this - to me it seems obvious that they could just update their systems with my email and it would all be done and dusted.

But, as it is, if Talk Talk Business keep sending me back to you, and you keep sending me back to them - what can I do?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Nobody here has been removing your posts as far as I can see, you may have encountered an issue with the automated spam filter for some reason.

And as you have already been advised, this community cannot help with TTB accounts.

I have however edited your last post to remove the email address for your own security. 

0 Likes

CarlClarke
Team Player
Private Message
Private Message

Message 10 of 35

Thank you for contacting the TalkTalk Business Customer Services Team.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. As much as we are willing to help but we really cannot locate the information to your email address *removed for security*  here in our system. This is what we have found, the domain related to your email address was registrar to CSC Corporate. Please see information below. 

Domain: gotadsl.co.uk
Registrar: CSC Corporate Domains, Inc [Tag = CSC-CORP-DOMAINS]
Registered On: 2000-07-17
Expires On: 2023-07-17
Updated On: 2022-07-13
Name Servers: ns0.nildram.co.uk
                         ns0.nildram.com

Data validation: Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 24-Jan-2023 Registrar: CSC Corporate Domains, Inc [Tag = CSC-CORP-DOMAINS] URL: https://www.cscdbs.com

If you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

There's no question now that members are having their posts unfairly edited. I'm a Resedential Talk Talk user, with a legitimate complaint and I have everfy right to be heard (and other members have a right to KNOW their complaints won't be dismissed out of hand by power-hungry admin/moderators).

0 Likes

CarlClarke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 35

This is fast beginning to look like victimisation and an attenpt to stifle free speech. It seems obvious to me a moderator KNOWS he's made a mistake and is now hastily trying to cover his own back.

I will take this to my MP, make an official complaint to Talk Talk and do anything else in my ability to make my voice heard.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

My post6 was removed AGAIN. Who do I complain to about this?

0 Likes

CarlClarke
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 35

Why are my posts being removed as spam? I can't sort this problem out if I can't post??

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

You're welcome.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Thank you - I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can help me.

Thanks Again for all the help!

Carl

Message 17 of 35

I've passed this over to the TTB complaints team mailbox as is our process for customers who have failed to get support from TTB.  

Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Message 18 of 35

Hi Ady,

Thanks for the response. I've added contact details to my community profile.

Thanks Again

Carl

Message 19 of 35

Thanks Ady.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hi CarlClarke, Residential support teams can't help at all and should have pointed you at the TTB support teams. As you've said you've tried to get to get help from TTB I can pass this over to a contact in TTB. Please add contact details to the private notes section of your community profile so that I can pass them over for you.

Ady