cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't access webmail

Stiggywig
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

For years I have regularly accessed webmail from my android phone via Chrome but now, suddenly, I cannot. Using the normal address that used to work (and still works on my wife's phone, my PC and my laptop all via Chrome) I get a simple page on which appears the message "Connection error. The service is not available right now. Retry" and beneath that "Rev69".

At TalkTalk's website clicking on "Mail" brings up exactly the same error page. To me, the symptoms suggest my phone is the problem but I have not changed anything and a Malwarebytes (Free) scan reports no problems.

Has anyone else seen this or, better still, have any solutions?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're very welcome.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know the new cookies are getting you signed in successfully.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Stiggywig
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Gondola, as my problem was persisting I took your advice. I had previously deleted the Chrome cache but forgot about the cookies.  It worked, of course.  Another success - thanks a lot.

Message 3 of 6

If you have opted to remain signed in to TalkTalk Mail then the system cookies that have been set on your device will attempt to authenticate the connection to your mailbox without a sign in. However, a corrupted system or session cookies being blocked would prevent a successful sign in. So, to start afresh you'll reset the browser or clear the cache and cookies to force the setting of new cookies.

0 Likes

Stiggywig
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Gondola - an interesting read but frustratingly there are three features of my problem that don't fit in with your explanation. You say"...you should find that TalkTalk Mail is now authenticating your sign in without a problem..." - but I'm not signing in, I'm getting the blue screen message instead of the login screen, as I mentioned even clicking on 'Mail' on the TT website brings up the blue screen - I don't get the opportunity even to input my username. I think this is day two of the problem, might possibly be day 3. I don't have this problem with any other device.

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Just popping in to say that you should find that TalkTalk Mail is now authenticating your sign in without a problem. I noticed this morning that TalkTalk Mail's mailbox authentication was taking rather longer than normal to complete. This was a mail platform issue and not something that you'd have any direct control over.

The error screen you saw was a timeout of the initial phase of authentication that presents the blue screen 'retry' message after waiting for 6 seconds for username authentication to complete. Rev69 is just the current TalkTalk Mail user interface version number.

When that blue screen appears it's usually because a user device is holding up the sign in handshake by being busy with other activity like anti-virus scanning or updating software or just waking up slowly / having a slow wi-fi connection. But in this case, because there were mail platform authentication delays accessing the mailbox server to retrieve mail messages there would have been consequential hold ups in authenticating users to the mail platform. So, today, not a specific issue for your device or the sign in to your mailbox.

Generally, the faster the user device works the less likely it is to be shown the blue time-out screen.  The standard workaround for a 'slow' device or slow connection is to wait for anti virus scanning or software updating / uploading to complete on a device or just pause those activities before initiating a mailbox sign in.

Sign ins should be fast and error-free for all of your devices right now, but let us know if you still have the blue screen sign in error as you may then need to clear the browser cache and cookies before retrying.  But hopefully all will be good from here on.

0 Likes