cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't send emails from my @dsl.pipex. com email address.

Foneman
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

After giving up since beginning of 2023 trying to get my sending of emails from my iphone.

The problem is that Talktalk say that this is a non domain account, yet I have an A/C number.

My problem is that I need to change my outgoing password as it is only a 6 digit number.

All other settings are as Talktalk requirement.

My webmail works perfectly ok on outlook, as I understand this a secure network.

Perhaps someone could help me with this problem.

foneman
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Foneman, you should find what you need in the Help Articles.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

The User icon is the one on the top right. The Help icon then the Cog settings icon and then the User icon.

I've merged your new topic post with the original so you can scroll up and see my first reply to follow my guidance on checking / setting up password recovery Reset details.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Foneman
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Gondola,

Paragraph 1 & 2 all ok

Now on my Talktalk webmail page after signing in on my pc.

Help button is a question mark in a circle.

Drop down menu no mention of changing password. What am I doing wrong ?

foneman
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The password is weak and non-compliant with TalkTalk's security requirements so that's the reason for the TalkTalk SMTP servers rejecting the connection from your mobile.

You can sign in to webmail so select the user icon top right and then the menu item Update your reset details to check and update the alternate active email address and mobile number for password reset options.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

Now you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

I recommend 12 - 15 characters, multicase letters and numbers and at least one approved symbol. Ensure the password is unique to the pipex email account.

Let us know that you're back in action and can also send succesfully from the iPhone. I'll help you with that if needed.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution